Do You Prefer "Traditional" Or "Wild" Designs For Your Golf Shoes?

Do You Prefer "Traditional" Or "Wild" Designs For Your Golf Shoes?

•  

It seems as I roam around the forum that I see two preferences unfolding over time...the members that prefer "traditional" shoe designs like Shield, Saddle, etc...then there is the other side of members that like it trendy and "modern" in design like the Asym or Wave, etc...  Other members keep the color choices more traditional while others make their color choices very modern and edgy! Ok, so which type of are you?

I would definitely put me in the traditional camp however I am slowly experimenting on the wild side!  But there is nothing like a pair of White and Black shield tips!

•  

Basically a tradionalist with all mine.

•  
    I love both styles, depends on how I'm felling that day and what I'm wearing! Tips usually with pants and everything with shorts!
  •  

Color is neither "wild or traditional" Chirs. Why? Because even black and white are colors.

I will say for me, I like my colors to be coordinated. If I wear a lavendar shirt, I wear my black and lavendar asymetricals. Same with red or with navy. By coordinating things I may not be considered traditional, but I never want to be.

A sense of style is timeless, regardless of the color choices one makes.

• 2742 points

As an "old guy"  I avoid the traditional styles that make me feel even older. I don 't go crazy but do go for newer styles without crazy colors.

•  

Tar Heel

Color is neither "wild or traditional" Chirs. Why? Because even black and white are colors.

I will say for me, I like my colors to be coordinated. If I wear a lavendar shirt, I wear my black and lavendar asymetricals. Same with red or with navy. By coordinating things I may not be considered traditional, but I never want to be.

That is the point of this thread...style is different for everyone... I love the discusson, great points!

•  

Tar Heel

Black technically is the absence of all color (that bit of knowledge was enough to get me a D+ in Art Appreciation) but it is OK just as long as you don't wear it with white shoes and shorts, or with sandals and shorts, or knee length and shorts, but with a tux it is perfectly OK.

J/K Randy, who loves ya baby!

Telly Savalas (in case you forgot who made that line famous)

•  

I'd like to say that I lean towards more the traditional style.  The recent shoes I just got are Asymmetric and Wave of FJ's prior generation just recently are my favorites until I can get my hands on the two new styles of Icons.  Even though they have the "new" look, they are certainly "formal" and I like that about the Icons.  I am still very much a fan of the "Classics", but I think Icons are the new traditional in my book.  I also got a pair of Contour Casual, but that's just a fun thing to do like a side kick.

Styles with a very sporty look is ok. . . some of my friends like that.  But for me, I like a little more dressed up look . . . even in shorts.

• 691 points

I'm more traditional, leave the trendy styles to the younger kids. Traditional classics will always look good forever
  •  

My choice had been the asymetricals, primarily black, with a colored side. I do have one White pair with the Blue Snakeskin. Also a Navy blue pair.....

I have Icon Saddles in White, with Carolina Blue.

I have some of the new Pyramids, one white and a black pair on order.

My FJ Classics are all Saddles and Split Toe, so very traditional....

I guess based on the sheer number of styles and colors, I am "Wild."

Go figure.......

•  

JonathanG
    I'm more traditional, leave the trendy styles to the younger kids. Traditional classics will always look good forever

yeah leave the trendy style to the under 40 crowd. JK :) yeah I am more traditional on the course, but just because it suits my budget. I would go nuts with all kinds it I could afford it.

•  

I like all of the styles.  But do not have or plan to purchase any wild color schemes.

I like it fairly simple.

TT

•  

Have to consider myself a traditionalist.  I tend to stick to the basic colors:  black, white, brown.  This is primarily because they go with just about anything I wear (no, I am not Randy or West coast TNT).  Too many years of black uniform shoes with brown and black loafers when I was out of uniform.  After all, how many of us wear black and blue dress shoes?  Or white and pink ones?  Cost enters into it, of course, as well.  We could all go crazy if we could afford all the options to do so, or have someone underwrite us like the pros do.

•  

I consider my collection that for color coordination.  There's not very many outfits that I don't have a shoe that will match.  I typically lean toward the White/Color saddle for rounds played during the week. 

Weekends tend to be a little toward a non-traditional shoe.  I'm like Randy -  I really like the old ASYMs but starting to enjoy the new Pyramid Saddle - especially for color.

Will tend to wear Black or Brown base shoes when wearing long pants.

•  

I agree with Tim.  I like all of the FJ styles, but I keep the color combinations fairly simple and traditional.