Contour Casual Fit for Wide Feet

Contour Casual Fit for Wide Feet

• 12 points

Since I'm a long-term, repetitive purchaser of Contours (foot size ranges based upon last between 10 5E and 11 3E),

I've grown to expect a comfortable fit and good performance.  I have some lower back problems, and was anxious to

try a pair of Contour Casuals to take that next step to comfort and reduced back strain.  I found that the Casuals only

come in Extra Wide in the brown with green highlight model.  That would not be my first choice, it would be between

the black and white model.  Is there a reason the EW is only available in brown?  is that just a statement in time and

the others will have EW sizes as well?  Sure hope so, because I can guarantee a few more purchases down those other

color combinations...

•  

GFinVT,

Took me a little while to get to this one but here we go!

FJ traditionally offers multiple styles and size offerings within a certain footwear category.  We are challenged to monitor & control our inventory levels/offerings, however, Contour Casual still offers more sizes than any other competitive brand.   That said, the footwear team felt the all brown Contour Casual would be the #1 booking within this key category, thus the decision to offer it on the largest size chart/profile.  We will be introducing new styles within the Contour Casual category over the upcoming Summer & Fall seasons.   Our Fall selection will have more offerings on our largest size chart offerings.  Thanks for your continued support of the FJ brand!

Best,

DG

•  

Must be tough having to work early on a Tuesday.

b.

• 111 points

I have wide feet and my new contour casuals are quite comfortable.  These are my first spikeless golf shoes and I was really looking forward to using them.  I always walk the course and, let me tell you, they are not remotely waterproof.  I play early and the grass is wet with dew (We are not talking about a rainy course). I wore them Saturday and Sunday the weekend before last and both days there was enough moisture that when you pushed your finger on the cushion the water welled up (casual water lol).  I dried them well and siliconed them during the next week and then wore them last Saturday.  You could wring out my socks after nine.  Sunday I wore my old shoes and had dry feet. Very disappointing.   Bob

•  

rwag77

I have wide feet and my new contour casuals are quite comfortable.  These are my first spikeless golf shoes and I was really looking forward to using them.  I always walk the course and, let me tell you, they are not remotely waterproof.  I play early and the grass is wet with dew (We are not talking about a rainy course). I wore them Saturday and Sunday the weekend before last and both days there was enough moisture that when you pushed your finger on the cushion the water welled up (casual water lol).  I dried them well and siliconed them during the next week and then wore them last Saturday.  You could wring out my socks after nine.  Sunday I wore my old shoes and had dry feet. Very disappointing.   Bob

RWAG77,

Please call into customer service concerning this problem, the shoes do carry a one year waterproof warranty and If you insist they are leaking then they will be replaced. Our Consumer/ Warranty line can be contacted at (800) 224-8501.  M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.  They will be able to provide you with further instruction. 

Best,

Devin Gmitter

•  

Devin_Gmitter

rwag77

RWAG77,

Please call into customer service concerning this problem, the shoes do carry a one year waterproof warranty and If you insist they are leaking then they will be replaced. Our Consumer/ Warranty line can be contacted at (800) 224-8501.  M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.  They will be able to provide you with further instruction. 

Best,

Devin Gmitter

that's great customer service there and one more great thing about this community!  in all the years i worked with FJ they were always great about replacing leaking shoes.  glad to see this is continuing!  

• 111 points

Hey Devin....Thanks for your reply.  Just after I posted my message I received a new black pair of FJ custom contours as a tee prize from a tournament I had played in, and when I wore them last Wednesday my feet were completely dry.  I wore them again today and they were great.  It must be that I just got a bad pair the first time.  My local course is where I purchased them, and they cheerfully took them back and will get me a new pair from Footjoy.  Over the years I have had many pairs of shoes from them and have always been pleased.  Thanks in advance for the good service.

Bob W

• 12 points

Ahh, Devin, just saw the two new styles offered in the Contour Casual line.  I crossed my fingers as I looked through the size charts, but as you previously posted, it appears my wait will have to continue till the Fall selection becomes available to see more Extra Wide styles.   Or, I could learn to love brown in the interim...  Looking forward to fall, my current two pairs of Contours will have to hold me till then.

•  

You may want to try to find some to actually try on. I normally wear an 8 1/2 E shoe and that translated to an 8 1/2W in the ICON line. When I tried on the Contour Casuals the 8 1/2 M fit perfectly.