Getting rid of scuffs

Getting rid of scuffs

•  

Hey guys and gals, just tried a new way to eliminate those ugly scuffs we all seem to get on our lighter colored shoes. Worked like a charm. Use a pencil eraser and rub lightly until scuff is gone. It did not damage the shoe nor remove any of the color associated with the shoe. I then jsut applied a very light coat of mink oil and the shoe looks great.

•  

THANKS EAGLE3.

I HAVE HAD AN OLD ARTGUM ERASER FOR YEARS THAT I  USE.

WORKS GREAT.

•  

Thanks for sharing. I will try it.

•  

Great idea and very useful.

•  

great idea.  i would have never thought to try that.  thanks for sharing!

•  

Really? I never would have guessed. You are now doubling as a cobbler my friend! Might have been a union violation as well....

Thanks for the tip.

•  

eagle3

Hey guys and gals, just tried a new way to eliminate those ugly scuffs we all seem to get on our lighter colored shoes. Worked like a charm. Use a pencil eraser and rub lightly until scuff is gone. It did not damage the shoe nor remove any of the color associated with the shoe. I then jsut applied a very light coat of mink oil and the shoe looks great.

eagle3, that's good to know, we thank you for the tip.

If you don't mind, I'd like to contribute and add to your post.  On white shoes, also, try applying SC Johnson's floor wax to remove stains.  Works like a charm!

Has anyone tried that?

• 3627 points

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

•  

SC Johnson's floor wax?  Really?  Does doing something like this void any warranty on the shoes?

•  

pulplvr

SC Johnson's floor wax?  Really?  Does doing something like this void any warranty on the shoes?

I'm not sure if it voids the warranty.  But I've own my white FJ spikeless for more than 14 years.  SC Johnson floor wax takes the black scuffs off of it.  Our shoe repair guy use the same. . . good enough for me.

•  

As to the Johnson's floor wax, depending on the chemicals involved in the composition of the wax product, I would be very hesitant using it due to warranty considerations. Besides, using the pencil eraser and then using a leather cleaner and conditioner followed by a good leather product like Mink oil afterward has seemed to work very well for me. I tried this method on a pair of DryJoys that are 8 yrs. young and there are no stains apparent on them. And while the warranty is no longer valid, the shoes still look great.