tried to buy a pair of Icons....

tried to buy a pair of Icons....

•  

i tried to buy a pair of Icons yesterday but they were sold out.  i decided to get a pair of white and pink wave Icons that Budget Golf.com had on closeout.  they were half price, so that got me thinking.  but i'm not pink guy at all.  however, my wife and i just had a baby girl, so my wife thought i would be neat to have a pair of shoes with a little pink in them for her.  so i decided to order them.  about an hour after the order i get an email telling me they are out of stock and they aren't getting anymore.  but it is still listed on their website with my size.  i'm so annoyed.  i feel like they were just try to get me to order something cheap and then maybe change to something more expensive.  either that, or they are incredibly lazy and don't update their website.  either way, i'm pissed about it.

•  

Sorry to hear that, check golflocker.com or Ebay! Good luck!

•  

TNT009

dang it....why did you have to tell me that?!?!?  golf locker has the same pair in stock (allegedly. haha) for $10 more.  honestly, i don't really need a new pair.  i have 3 pairs i wear and i don't really play that much. (not nearly as much as i would like).  and i could use that money towards a new set of clubs.  so just when i had finally gotten over not getting them, i find them somewhere else!  it's like seeing an ex-girlfriend at a bar. 

•  
    What size?
  •  

Even worse is see her with your best friend(LOL)... Golf Locker is good about pulling stuff when its sold out!

tdogg21

TNT009

dang it....why did you have to tell me that?!?!?  golf locker has the same pair in stock (allegedly. haha) for $10 more.  honestly, i don't really need a new pair.  i have 3 pairs i wear and i don't really play that much. (not nearly as much as i would like).  and i could use that money towards a new set of clubs.  so just when i had finally gotten over not getting them, i find them somewhere else!  it's like seeing an ex-girlfriend at a bar. 

•  

tdogg21

TNT009

Maybe you should save the money and start a college fund for your daughter.

•  

19hole
    What size?

13 M

•  

Sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than a bait an switch - even if there isn't a switch. Once you pull the trigger and pull your credit card out, then you're hooked. I've been there a few times.

•  

NCBob

tdogg21

TNT009

Maybe you should save the money and start a college fund for your daughter.

there you go talking sense.  but no worries, already done that.

•  

tdogg...go to ebay...they are only 99 there...I know for fact that they are here in Michigan at Carls Golfland (you can find their phone number online) and they will ship...depending on your size I know they have the white/pink waves on clearance...not sure of price...

good luck...

• 691 points

That is terrible business from the employees of budgetgolf.com, I mean if they knew that the shoes were not in stock they should have made that fact known. Ive met and purchased items from their company (which is based here in IL), at both the Tinley Park and Chicago golf shows and they made it a point to show exquisite customer service at the trade shows. I think if you send them a phone all or an email they may be able to do something for you. Beyond that you could see if your local golf shop can order those shoes for you and see if the can price match, that will also save you shipping.
  •  
    Size 13??? I'm sure there is a joke here, but given your trauma at the possible lost urchase, I will show restraint. But go out there and get them. You will not regret having them, especially with the thinking that they'll be a remembrance of your daughter. One day, and it will go by like a blur, you will be glad you did.
  •  

as much as i enjoy being part of this community, you guys are going to make me go broke!  with all the pictures of the apparel and shoes and the encouragements and other places to buy, i'm not sure i can afford to hang out with you guys!  haha.

but seriously, thanks for all the tips.  i'll check a few more places and see what i can find.  i'm just mad that i try to buy something they listed as in stock, only to find it really wasn't.

• 3506 points

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. For all the Mass and RI folks, Golfer's Warehouse up here had a great sale at their golf expos over the weekend. Couldn't get to a computer fast enough, especially because it was St. Patty's day. Anyone know where they release information about these mega-sales at golf stores? Or was I just lucky to hear about this one?

•  

You'll find one, tdogg21.  Good luck.