The Best Fit?

The Best Fit?

• 856 points

Hi fellow board members, I have a tad of arthritis on my left knee and currently use a "will remain unnamed" spikeless shoe. I am trying to figure out which FJ model would be the best fitting. I have used the Countour in the past, but I am looking for something a bit more comfortable. Thanks for the help! Hector
  •  

I think it will depend on exactly what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.  All of the FJ shoes are quality shoes, but some have a little "extra" built in (although you'll pay for this as well).  Your best bet I'd say is to go to a FootJoy retailer and try on as many different models as you can, making sure you are fit/sized correctly for each shoe.  That way you can make a decision as to which feels best to you.  For me, the Icons are IT.  They are the best golf shoe I've put on my feet and are comfortable (for me atleast) immediately out of the box.   But what works best for me (or anyone else here for that matter) may not work best for you.

•  

I have the Sport and the Countour and between them in terms of comfort I definately prefer the Countour. However, almost all commented very good reviews about the Icons that I didn't try yet.

•  
    I would have recommended the contour since my MyJoys are of the Contour Series, but I would also recommend the Sports since I've heard great things about them.
    • 856 points

Thank for the ideas. I would love to get the best of both worlds, comfortable and personalized. :-) H
  •  

I THINK EACH OF US HAS ONE SHOE THAT FITS/FEELS BEST.

I HAVE 6 PAIR OF CONTOURS, ONE OF WHICH IS PERSONALIZED-(MY JOY).

FOR THE COMBINATION OF SUPPORT AND COMFORT THE CONTOUR IS BEST FOR ME. TRY ALL OF THE FOOTJOYS,,,,YOU WILL DEFINATELY FIND YOUR SHOE.

FOOTJOY,,,,,,,,ONLY THE BEST.

•  

I've got to agree with Doug.  I've had DryJoys in various guises for years.  Now, I have two pairs of Icons (one MyJoys), two pairs of DryJoys Tours (again, one MyJoys), a pair of Sports, and two remaining pairs of DryJoys.  I have found that each has its points.  I am finding the Icons (saddle and shield tip) to be the most comfortable, but I tend to wear them on more "formal" golf outings.  So, the DryJoys and the Sports get the most wear.  If I had more money, I'd probably buy and wear more Icons.

•  

Hector, I'm with most of the guys that have replied - for pure cushion comfort of joints, the Contour and Sport are hard to beat. I assume you ride when you play, but if you walk, those 2 shoes are very well padded.

•  

I can only speak for the contours - I have two pairs myself. I love them and will continue to use them for a long time.  For the best fit, I recommend grabbing some FJ socks - you're in for a real treat! Very comfortable.

•  

Get the best shoe you can, your feet are worth it.  You walk 5 miles if you are a walker. Probably 2 miles if you ride. You probably would never walk that far the whole life of a pair of dress shoes.  Getting the right fit and the foot support is the most important thing you can do.  Plus you add the stress of a golf swing 40 or 50 times in a round.  What else can you say.

•  
    I say the FJ sports
  •  

Dallin

I can only speak for the contours - I have two pairs myself. I love them and will continue to use them for a long time.  For the best fit, I recommend grabbing some FJ socks - you're in for a real treat! Very comfortable.

I agree with you about the socks Dallin.  I didn't know what I was missing out on until I started wearing nicer socks, and FJ makes some GREAT ones.  FJ socks plus FJ Icons=happy feet!

• 3503 points

Hector, the Contour shoes are up there with the most comfortable things you can put on your feet.  I would also try on some Superlites and DryJoy tour model shoes. Unbelievable and comfort with the DJ Tour shoes. Great stability and performance. Good luck!

• 856 points

Thank you so much for all the recommendations, I have a lot of options to look around. Hector
  •  
    The professional Spikeless by FJ are awesome! I even wear them to work...very comfortable around town and stable on the range/course! They run slightly narrow so if you have a wide foot order one width wider...