Ask the Experts!

Ask the Experts!

•  

Got a question about golf shoes? Ask us anything and we'll do our best to get an answer, whether it's from the sales/marketing folks, the product development team, customer service/warranty or Jim Connor, President of FootJoy. We're all ears, so fire away!

Has FootJoy ever consisdered putting out a "Best of..." shoe line?  Take a simple outsole, like a traditional DryJoys platform, and design the upper with the best-selling or most popular shoe from different eras.  I think it would be a really cool idea -- FootJoy has over 150 years of shoe expertise, so why not reinvent some of the styles that has gotten the company to where it is?  I think it'd be a great way to capture the FootJoy tradition in its product line.

•  

JustLikeSilk

Has FootJoy ever consisdered putting out a "Best of..." shoe line?  Take a simple outsole, like a traditional DryJoys platform, and design the upper with the best-selling or most popular shoe from different eras.  I think it would be a really cool idea -- FootJoy has over 150 years of shoe expertise, so why not reinvent some of the styles that has gotten the company to where it is?  I think it'd be a great way to capture the FootJoy tradition in its product line.

+1...sounds like a pretty cool idea

•  

any chance Sign Boy will ever make a comeback?

•  

Bring back SIGNBOY!

• 131 points

I just recieved my FJ Reelfit and golfed 36 holes in rotten weather. both days we were delayed over an hour each for a downpour. The shoes were fantastic.  No wet socks, and kept me to the ground.   My only problem on Sunday was my left sock (new) kept getting pulled into the shoe.  It was nice that a click and a couple of turns and I was ready to go.  I will try another style and brand on league night and see how they do.  So far  so good.  I will let you know how the rest of my season goes with the FJ Reelfits.  My friends are jealous and all want to buy a pair.  Now if I only had a better game to go with the good look of the shoes.

•  

Question on fit - I can't wait to order up some Icons but here's my dilemma.

I have a pair of ReelFit's in 9M.  They tend to pinch/bind my little toe just slightly, but over the course of 18 holes they just aren't quite right and get a little uncomfortable, but the 9.5 felt too big.  I also have a couple pairs of Classics in 9D and do NOT have the same problem - is this just because of a difference in the lasts??  Will Icons fit more like the CDPs, or the Reelfits?? 

Thanks!

• 467 points

Shoe related... Other than viewing FootJoy shoe bags online and reading a (very) short and sweet product description, I have not seen FootJoy shoes bags up close and personal.  Does the Nylon or Deluxe FootJoy Performance Shoe Bag feature an in-bag divider to keep the shoes separated?  Thank you!

•  

How will the Icon Laser Last compare to the FJ Classics last?  I am going to pull the trigger on a pair of Icons asap and was wondering if I should go up, down, or keep the same size and width.  Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

• 80 points

Mr.Charles

Shoe related... Other than viewing FootJoy shoe bags online and reading a (very) short and sweet product description, I have not seen FootJoy shoes bags up close and personal.  Does the Nylon or Deluxe FootJoy Performance Shoe Bag feature an in-bag divider to keep the shoes separated?  Thank you!

Good question. Our FJ deluxe shoe bag does offer a few more “bells and whistles” compared to our nylon bag. The deluxe shoe bag has an in-bag divider, a couple extra pockets, and more storage space.

Thanks for the interest.

Matt Clements – FootJoy Customer Service

•  

tim6918

How will the Icon Laser Last compare to the FJ Classics last?  I am going to pull the trigger on a pair of Icons asap and was wondering if I should go up, down, or keep the same size and width.  Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I just spoke with Mike Foley, Dir. of Footwear Marketing and he provided this response to your question:

"The ICON laser last was developed to fit the same as the Classics Laser last from heel up to the ball of the foot.  The only difference is the modified contemporary toe shape on the ICON laser last which will offer a little more room in the forepart of the shoe.  The primary fit characteristics should be the same overall and should not necessitate a size change."

Hope this helps?

Chris

•  

Welch222

Question on fit - I can't wait to order up some Icons but here's my dilemma.

I have a pair of ReelFit's in 9M.  They tend to pinch/bind my little toe just slightly, but over the course of 18 holes they just aren't quite right and get a little uncomfortable, but the 9.5 felt too big.  I also have a couple pairs of Classics in 9D and do NOT have the same problem - is this just because of a difference in the lasts??  Will Icons fit more like the CDPs, or the Reelfits?? 

Thanks!

Welch222, just received this response from Mike Foley, Dir. of Footwear Marketing:

"The last shape is the same for both products you mentioned. However, additional elements can come into play that could alter the fit a bit depending on your foot - it is important to note that while the vast majority of people do not have to change sizes when going from one style to the other- some people are a bit more discerning then others when it comes to fit.  For example, some people are on the edge between a medium width and a wide and, in this instance, the GelCollar in ReelFit could take up some additional space which may result in your foot settling just a hint further forward than it does in a Classic shoe that does not have significant padding in the collar/heel region.  Just that fraction of a millimeter could result in the 'fit issue' you have described.  My advice would be to try a 9 Wide since you have already determined that 9.5M is too big."

Hope this helps.

•  

md7716

JustLikeSilk

md7716

JustLikeSilk

+2.  I also hope that Sign Boy returns.

•  

Question on shoes:  Is there any sense in making a "high top" golf shoe?  This does not affect me, but I do know several members at my club that would like this to be offered.  Ankle issues cause some players at my club to be unable to wear golf shoes due to the stress the swing and follow through puts on their ankles with low top shoes. 

I was just wondering if a high-top version would help eleviate their problems and let them have the stability and style FJ offers to individuals without any known issues.

Just a though, thanks for taking the time to hear our questions and give us answers.

•  

Any news on the high-tops issue?  Thanks.