BOA option on ICONS - Have you tried it?

BOA option on ICONS - Have you tried it?

•  

I just got my first pair of ICONS with BOA Lacing today...Wow, This is really cool!! The shoes fit more snug and compact then with traditional laces as well as it is easy on and easy off....Have not tried them on the course which is the real test as well as how they will do with wet conditions, mudd etc.. etc...

Have you tried these? If so, chime in with your experiences...! 

Thanks!

•  

I've never used this system, but what do you think of them? I'd like some feedback now too, haha.

•  

Call me old fashioned.  I don't like them.

No particular reason.  Just don't like them.

signed, grumpy old man

•  

I have tried them on at the store and do like the fit, just can't get past the disk on the back. Keep us updated on how they perform.

•  

I'm not a real BOA fan, so none of my shoes have them. I have tried them in the past but didn't really like them at all.

•  

It's a cool innovation but not for everyone.

I like the shoelaces.  Until I get a lot older then I might bug Devo for FJ to come out with some velcro ones! haha

•  

kab012345

I've never used this system, but what do you think of them? I'd like some feedback now too, haha.

I wore them again over the weekend now three times and I am amazed how well they perform....hands down they beat all my lace up shoes!  I am surprised since I did not like the look before but the performance makes me say I am going to wear them and order more pairs in the future!  IMHO

•  

Not a fan of it, but to each his own.

•  

I am WAY too much of a traditionalist for these. Just can not get past all of the do-dads hanging on the back of the shoe..... It's just not natural! I will take the laces thank you.

Signed, OU's cranky, better looking older brother.....

• 216 points

I do not personally own a pair with the BOA laces; however my boss owns 3 pairs.  He swears by them and won't play golf in any other golf shoe.

• 216 points

I personally do not have a pair of shoes with the BOA laces; however my boss has 3 pairs.  He swears by them and won't play golf in any other shoe.

•  

I've ordered ICONS but without this system. It seems as though this technology is making it across from the snowboarding scene and it works well on these type of boots, so I expect you will get a snug fit.

•  
    I too am a traditionalist, not a fan of the look of the BOA system, I have heard a lot of people like the function, I just prefer laces
  •  

I agree with most - the laces are my favorite.  I do think it would be worth picking up an inexpensive pair with the BOA system to try it out.  Any thoughts/suggestions on one to try?

• 3467 points

that is pretty cool that you are getting a nice fit with the BOA system. I am guessing it is a lot like the reel fit system. I have never worn a pair of shoes with this lacing system but i wouldn't be against trying it. But i am not thrilled with the look of the thing on the back.