Fj Icons vs Fj Sports

Fj Icons vs Fj Sports

• 467 points

Okay I normal wear tour 360's I have four pairs of the them but have really been wanting a pair of either the Icons or the Sports. Does anyone have thoughts on the two types of FJ's I'm looking into. They both look great and I have been comparing them online. 

•  

Go with a pair of ICONs.  I've tried the SPORT and really prefer the ICON.  Just my two cents.

GO HOKIES

•  

In comparison (if there is one) to the 360's, the ICON will be most similar.  ICON is a fantastic shoe and the best that I have had the pleasure of owning.  No break in period, light weight, stylish and VERY comfortable for walking 18 or 36 in.

Now, the FJ Sport is also very comfortable and a great product.  It is a easier on the pocket book but you are not giving up any comfort or style points.  The shoe is more light weight and I couldn't be happier with it. 

If I were you, going for my first pair of FJ's since the 360's, I would suggest the ICON.  You will be very satisfied, you will have never before experienced the level of comfort and "walkability" that is provided in the shoe.  Truthfully though, you could not go wrong with either choice.  They are both of the utmost quality and comfort.

Glad you have decided to give us a try, you will not be one bit disappointed.

• 467 points

Thank you, this was very helpful. I like my 360's but my first pair of shoes was a pair of green joys in 1993 and I wore them forever and they were a great shoe that lasted along time and then I got a pair of Nike's that were aweful and after that started to buy Adidas and now really like the Icons alot they look great. So I think I'm going to look more into a pair of those.

• 467 points

Thanks for your two cents.. The Icons seem to be the way to go

•  

The ICONs are by far the best golf shoe I have worn in the last 30 years.

• 467 points

I have to agree with everyones replies on the Icons they are amazing. I tried a pair on Friday and I'm going to get a pair next week. 

•  

Just to add my 2 cents, I love the ICON's but have you thought about the Synr-g? I own 2 pair and have never owned a more amazing golf shoe. So stable, comfortable, stylish and a nice price point right between the Sport and the ICON.

Just adding another option into the mix, either way you go you will be very happy.

Shaun

•  

Great advice from the "experts" here AAron. Shaun's advice on Synr-G is spot on as well.

I own multiple pairs of Icons and a pair of the Sports. Have also used the 360's in the past, so I'll put a little frosting on the cake for you here.

To me, you've probably seen that the 360 matches closest to a FJ Sport in cosmetics and cost. I usually only haveused mine in sloppier weather, just because I don't want to trash my Icons. My quirk....

The Icons are frankly best of breed in shoes. As 19 and EM and Hokie have said (all avid Icon users),these are the most comfy shoes you'll wear... period. Every pair I have fits like a glove right out of the box. I've walked 36 holes in a brand new pair before without issues, likemost of the guys here. That's every style too.

So jump in with confidence my friend. You will ove them, and you'll be the envy of your playing partners too.  

•  

Aaron, send me a message before you purchase your ICON's.  I will give you a tid bit of advice and save you about $50 on your purchase!

ENJOY!

•  

Wait... when you say 360's are you talking Tour 360 LTD or just the TOUR 360?  If you are not referring to LTD's, then I was way off in saying the ICON is most similar.  Randy is correct as the FJ Sport and Tour 360's would be most similar.  My apologies!

•  

Both are excellent shoes, hard to go wrong with either (I have both). The FJ Sports are easy on the wallet, look great, and wear excellent. The Icons are amazing everytime I put mine on I believe I am going to play better just for wearing them, and that feeling is priceless. I am partial to the Icons and if I could have any pair of spikes I would have them. Happy searching, and EM is right you can get older models on sites like Golf Locker.com and save some cash. These guys know their Footjoys listen well!

• 440 points

I've had my sports for 3 years, they are the most comfortable and durable shoe, I have ever worn. I've had Classics and Ecco but the FJ sports are the best.  I play quite a bit and I prefer "scuffing up" the sports as opposed to the icons.

•  

Sound like a good choice either way. be sure and  post a picture of the shoes you end up getting :)

•  

i have two pairs of Icons and love them.  but i tried the new sports last week and they were really nice as well.  for the price, it's hard to beat the sports.  you can get 2012 versions for about $60 right now.