DryJoy cleats

DryJoy cleats

•  

I've been trying to get my Softspikes off of my DryJoys so that I can replace them, but they will not budge! I'm using the correct tool, the correct removal technique, and everything else possible. What can I do?

•  

If you continue to struggle, call our customer service team and they should be able to help. A lot of times, the build-up of sand, grass, dirt and other chemicals causes the spike to get stuck in the receptacle. The CS team has some hardcore spike wrenches that give the cleat no choice but to come out! They're scary to use, but effective! I'll try to post a photo when I'm back in the office.

Cheers,

Chris

•  

You can also try using some WD40 on the cleats at the base and let it soak for few minutes. That has worked for me. also, WalMart carries a SoftSpike tool that has 2 heads inside the handle. Try using the one without the 2 points on it. It is the best tool out there for the money and works for me every time.

•  

Chris: "scary to use," cant wait to see that picture!

•  

I've got the two-head cleat wrench.  Most of the time, it works exceptionally well.  Occasionally, I've had to use a needle-nose plier to grab a reluctant spike.  Eventually, they do come out.  I've found that if you remove them periodically and clean all the dirt out of the cleat hole, they do come out much more easily. 

•  

Great info eagle...never would have thought about WD40

•  

Also lightly coat the new spikes to prevent future rusting for easy removal.   Best to spray the new spike threads first, not the shoe.

Deno