Foot Joy Icon Shoes

Foot Joy Icon Shoes

•  

Has anyone out there experienced a problem with the brown dye of the inside of your Icons running into your socks and then staining your skin an toe nails of your feet?  I have only worn my Icons for 5 rounds and have experienced this problem.  Thanks for your time.

Take care...

•  

Reegs

This has been reported in previous posts. Seems some of the leather in early models of Icons had an issue with the tan color transferring to socks under moisture conditions.

Send a Private Message to Chris Garrett on the FJ Staff and he will get back to you on this.

•  

I suspect FJ will replace them as they are only 5 months old?  I just sent them back at the beginning of thise week.

Thanks for your reply...

•  

Reeegs,

FJ customer service is second to none, I am sure they will take care of you.

Shaun

•  

I had this problem as well in 3 pairs of icons.  Send CG a note and he will let you know what to do.

•  

Haven't had that problem, but in very warm or humid weather I put foot powder in my shoes and socks and that seems to take care of any moisture headaches.

•  

What did they tell you to do with your Icons as I already returned them to FJ and waiting a decision.

Thanks for your time.

•  

Who is CG?

•  

Chris Garrett.  He runs the FJC at FootJoy.

•  

Reeegs, I had mine replaced by FootJoy.

Good luck!

•  

I suspect you had no issues with the replacement pair?  Also, did you get the exact same model and style of shoe?

Thanks for your time...

•  

I am not sure how it will work out for you.  I emailed Chris directly and dealt solely with him.  I presume your CS Rep will have to come to a decision for you.

I would guess you receive the same pair in return. 

There are no problems with the new ones.  Let me know how everything works out.

•  

I had this happen on the bottom of one pair of white socks this weekend after wearing my all white Icons.  But, it really didn't bother me... little bleach and ready to wear again. 

•  

Did it just stain your socks or the skin of your feet?  Mine stained my feet and I tried numerous solvents with little luck getting the staining out. After about 7 days the color went away.  I've never had this happen with any type of shoes.

Thanks for your note...

•  

JD... might want to make sure you watch it.  Mine started to cover the entire sock and it ruined quite a few pairs... bleach didn't take out the stains.