I made a *small* mistake :(

I made a *small* mistake :(

• 2941 points

While out in the US I picked up a pair of Icons (assymetricals, white). I always have issues with sizing out there (you guys use a different scale to us), and my feet tend to swell a bit in the heat. So I picked this pair up on my final day, wearing ultra thin socks and they fit lovely. I assumed that, having been in the heat for 10 days, when I returned home they'd fit just as well wearing normal thickness socks. Wrong.......

Wore them first time on Sunday, and had to limp back to the car after 9 to change into my battered old Classics! Somehow the Icons seem to have shrunk on the flight home! They were a little snug when I put them on, and I now have some pretty snazzy blisters in various places on both feet. Question is......do I soldier on and wear them in a bit, or do I give in and sell them to someone who they'll fit better?

And for the record, they looked great :)

•  

IT DEPENDS.....IF THEY FIT ME, YOU SHOULD SELL THEM REAL CHEAP TO ME.  IF THEY DON'T FIT ME, TOUGH IT OUT.   LOL

•  

I would find someone that can wear and enjoy the shoes.  Then use those funds to get a pair that fits you correctly.

Go HOKIES

•  

Fieldsy..

The last on the Icon Asymetrical is a tad (and I mean tad) more snug than the other shoes due to it's more stylish conyour. I have a pair of Asyms and a pair of Saddles, both Icons of course, and the Saddle is wider across the forefoot area for sure. But for me, and I stipulate this is for me only, both shoes still fit in a 10.5 Medium. Just that the Asym has a wee bit more pressure across the front of the foot.

I hope this makes sense, though I am sure you are quite frustrated by all of this. And for that I am so sorry, because my shoes are so great. Good luck my friend! 

•  

I've found that "mistake" shoes never seem to work out, regardless of how long you try to make them work.  Perhaps you could look for a FootJoy distributor and see if they would exchange them for a pair that fits properly.  If not, I think you'd be better off trying to find someone who can wear them.

•  

I would first try to take them to a shoemaker and have him put them on stretchers for a while. I have a similar problem with a hammer toe on the left foot and after having the shoe stretched for a bit, they (ICONS) fit fine and no problems.

•  

I had this problem with my first pair of ICON asyetricals. Chrisand Mike offered a number of solutions, including trying to streach them a bit. I would bet that if they a just a little tight that this may work for you. Doesn't the FJ European office have a similar setup? If this won't work for you, I would even try the 30 day comfort warranty.

Hey, aren't you the Europen FJ Marketing guru? I would think that the company would take great care of you, I know that they do to us regular people!

• 2659 points

I have an OLD pair of black wing tip classics that are 1/2 size too small for me, I think they are narrow as well.  I like the idea of a shoe stretcher... Maybe I can make them work.

Jeff

• 2941 points

Just thought I'd update everyone.....

I wore the shoes a second time with very thin socks and they were much better. The next time I tried them with regular socks and, hey presto, they were perfect! I thin it was IJP who said he sometimes forgets to change out of his Icons because they're THAT comfortable. At the time I read that I thought it was just lip-service. However, having twice forgotten to change my shoes before sitting in the car to drive home I can completely agree!

Gotta say, I've been a Classics fan for a while, but after regular use of the Icons.........well, lets say I won't miss the Classics as much as I expected! Roll on next May when I can next pick up a couple of pairs out in the US :)

•  

Fieldsy

Brilliant my friend! Glad to hear this is working itself out for you. My Asymetricals are my favorite shoes right now, and I love to sport them often as possible.

By the time you visit the states, many more styles will be yours for the taking! Cheers.

•  

Great to hear Fieldsy, I was gonna ask what size they were and offer you a few pounds for them...haha