Oldest "Classics" that you still wear?

Oldest "Classics" that you still wear?

• 2659 points

I have a pair of wing-tips that I bought in 1985 that still get occasional wear when it's not wet out and another pair that I've had since 1992. or so.  I was so sad to see the classics line discontinued.  On a lighter note, I just ordered my first pair of Icons, hopefully they will live up!

Jeff

•  

A pair my friend got from a second hand store that I had to have.  They are white pebble grain with shiny orange saddle.   They came with metal spikes and in green and yellow FJ box.    So I'm not really sure how old they actually are.

•  

3 putt...

OK, I have a few pairs of Classics that are about 5-6 years old. Bought junky shoes before I "found the light."

As for Icons.... you will not be disappointed my friend. Every person I know that has tried a pair of Icons, and this happened yet again this morning, swear that right out of the box an Icon is perfect! You will be amazed for sure... Not one Ambassador here will say differently.

•  

I wasn't born when you bought those shoes... LOL.

•  

Eric

You need to save a pair of your new Icons for a LOOONG time. One day, many years from now, someone will ask, "What is the oldest pair of ICONS that you have?" And you can provide a response from a time when you wer born!

Time moves at a relentless pace my friend.....

•  

EMKelly0106

I wasn't born when you bought those shoes... LOL.

Hang in thereEric. Some day some young whippersnapper is going to comment to you," I wasn't born when you bought those ICONS". Now wouldn't that be something to tell your kids. Life and History repeat themselves many times over.

•  

The oldest pair of Classics I still wear is about 10 years old. They still look and feel GREAT!

•  

Here's the oldest pair I have in the collection -  I still wear these in rotation.  If I remember right these are style 51498.

GO HOKIES

•  

Smokin' hot shoes.

•  

Tar Heel

Smokin' hot shoes.

Always wanted a pair of these with Brown instead of the black - but never found a pair.

Waiting for something like this to show up under the MyJoys - especially if we could get base colors other than black, brown, and white.   Always loved the cap toe shoes.

GO HOKIES (coming to your neck of the woods around first of August - White Sox Sunday Game /Cubs Monday Game).

• 2659 points

Those are TOO cool.  Very 1920's-1930's style.  Almost like spats.  Those would look right at home climbing out of a Deusenberg J..

Go Hokies

Here's the oldest pair I have in the collection -  I still wear these in rotation.  If I remember right these are style 51498.

GO HOKIES

• 1565 points

3 putt,

My oldest pair of Classics are these, which I got back in 1980-81.  My newest shoes are Classics I got back in 1987.  I know light weight, non leather soles, are what's driving the shoe industry these days, but I'm a dinosaur and love the feel of the all leather heavy shoe.  It gives me a sense of a more solid foundation.

SLIM

• 2659 points

Slim, I know what you mean.  I try to walk on occasion, and that's the only time the extra weight might not be optimal.  Other than that, I too really like the extra weight and solid feel.  I feel like if I wanted, I could swing at 150% and still be stable.  Not that I would, of course heh.  Still waiting on my first pair of icons, anxiously, at that.  From all of the comments flying around here, I won't be disappointed.

Jeff

•  

threeputtingfool

Slim, I know what you mean.  I try to walk on occasion, and that's the only time the extra weight might not be optimal.  Other than that, I too really like the extra weight and solid feel.  I feel like if I wanted, I could swing at 150% and still be stable.  Not that I would, of course heh.  Still waiting on my first pair of icons, anxiously, at that.  From all of the comments flying around here, I won't be disappointed.

Jeff

Take it from someone who walks most of the time -  with a few hills.  The new ICON are far above a better walking shoe than the older classics or new Classic Tour, Classic Dry Premier.   I went 27 in a pair of classic tours a couple of days ago -  changed into ICONs for the last nine.   Went 36 today - wore a pair of ICON with no discomfort.

GO HOKIES