More Help for Staff Ambassadors - Color Swatches

More Help for Staff Ambassadors - Color Swatches

•  

If possible -  could you show these two leathers options in one photo or side-by-side

Fuschia Smooth 493  & Rhubarb Cros 449

I looking at the ICON traditional with Fushica smooth and already have a Saddle with the Rhubarb from

the Classic tour collection.  Just want to make sure that I don't have two shoes that are almost the same color.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

GO HOKIES

•  

That makes me think... is there any way you guys can take some pictures of the swatches and post them in a thread?  That way we can see the real deal and if there are any discrepencies from the website to the real look we can see it? 

You wouldn't need to do each swatch individually, but maybe like all the blues in one photo, the greens, the reds, etc...that way we can tell the differences in the shades and everything?

That would be really helpful for me at least.

•  

Go Hokies

If possible -  could you show these two leathers options in one photo or side-by-side

Fuschia Smooth 493  & Rhubarb Cros 449

I looking at the ICON traditional with Fushica smooth and already have a Saddle with the Rhubarb from

the Classic tour collection.  Just want to make sure that I don't have two shoes that are almost the same color.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

GO HOKIES

On occasion, we actually have some sample shoes here with the colors in question, but this time we didn't.  Here is a side by side of the leather swatches.

Rhubarb Croc 449 (left) and Fuschia Smooth 493 (right) :

The Rhubarb is definitely more red than the Fuschia.  That said, the Fuschia brightens a little bit when the finish spray is applied at the factory. 

Hope this helps.

ML

•  

Appears like you are looking at a red vs purple to me.  I think you should be fine Hokies, but that's just my 2 cents.

•  

Eric, that's a great idea.  If Chris or Mike could just take a couple actual photos of a bunch of swatches, would help BIG TIME.  The web-site just isn't quite as easy to tell as the real live shots.

•  

ya that would be cool

•  

I like that idea Welchy...wonder how Chris and Mike would feel about that.

•  

Welch222

Eric, that's a great idea.  If Chris or Mike could just take a couple actual photos of a bunch of swatches, would help BIG TIME.  The web-site just isn't quite as easy to tell as the real live shots.

It all depends on lighting.  MyJoys swatches are scanned and mapped onto the shoes using a very cool imaging technology.  We tweak the coloring as best we can before they make it to the site.  Sometimes the highlights that you get from flash photography can bring out the sheen of leathers better than even the best high resolution scan.  

If you guys take a look at the MyJoys site, we have 78 active available leathers.  It's going to be pretty hard to capture anything worth looking at in a single frame. 

If anyone needs something specific (or a comparison like GO HOKIES requested), we'd be happy to do them on a case by case basis.

Regards,
    ML

•  

Welch222

It all depends on lighting.  MyJoys swatches are scanned and mapped onto the shoes using a very cool imaging technology.  We tweak the coloring as best we can before they make it to the site.  Sometimes the highlights that you get from flash photography can bring out the sheen of leathers better than even the best high resolution scan.  

If you guys take a look at the MyJoys site, we have 78 active available leathers.  It's going to be pretty hard to capture anything worth looking at in a single frame. 

If anyone needs something specific (or a comparison like GO HOKIES requested), we'd be happy to do them on a case by case basis.

Regards,
    ML

•  

I just wanted to see how well the last two leathers matched up.  Here are images direct from the imaging software ... pretty darn close to the photo.  The only thing that I mentioned y'day is that the Rhubarb took on a little more red in the photo than in real life.

Rhubarb :

Fuschia :

Still more than happy to send images ...

ML

•  

Really good looking shoe design and colors are good. Can't get much better than that.. Nicejob Mike.

•  

Thanks for the images and information Mike, greatly appreciated

•  

Thank you -  this is actually the shoe I'm looking at in the Fuschia - although I'm going to wait until the base color options comes back up.  Although I may end up ordering the standard Saddle - hard to beat the Saddle for wearing with almost any outfit.

I might also consider the Fuschia if the shield shoe allows on ordering the cap toe and the back part of the shoe.

Thanks again - I really appreciate the opportunity for discussion.

• 61 points

Could you also please show the comparison of the swatches for Brown Smooth 433,  Chestnut Croc 447, and Bomber Taupe 201. Or any pictures with brown and either chestnut croc or bomber taupe in them would be awesome.

I am looking to get a pair of Professional Sport or Professional Asymmetrical with brown smooth as the base and am afriad the bomber taupe might be too light but I want something without too much contrast. Thanks

•  

cebert

Could you also please show the comparison of the swatches for Brown Smooth 433,  Chestnut Croc 447, and Bomber Taupe 201. Or any pictures with brown and either chestnut croc or bomber taupe in them would be awesome.

I am looking to get a pair of Professional Sport or Professional Asymmetrical with brown smooth as the base and am afriad the bomber taupe might be too light but I want something without too much contrast. Thanks

Hi cebert,

No problem. You can come up with some great combinations utilizing the various brown leathers. I have three brown spikeless combinations and am very happy with all three - Asymmetrical (brown base/dark brown cayman accent); Asymmetrical (brown base/bomber taupe accent); and Shield Tip (brown base/bronze patent saddle and accent). One comment I will make about the bomber taupe is it "wears," i.e., will show scratches and will distress over time. That said, I like that look for when I wear some casual pants because it gives the leather character and depth.

Anyway, here are the brown leathers as you requested. Left to right: brown smooth 433, dark brown cayman gator 603, bomber taupe 201, chestnut croc 447 and bronze patent 464.

I've also included an example of the brown/bronze patent shield tip (great looking spikeless shoe...wearing it today actually!) and the brown/bomber taupe asymmetrical.

I hope this helps.

Chris