Size Question - ICON vs. DNA vs. Contour Casual

Size Question - ICON vs. DNA vs. Contour Casual

• 1545 points

For some reason no one in my area has Icon's available for me to try on.  So here's my quesiton.  I measured my foot and width and i'm a 9.5 XWide.  I tried on a pair of DNA and Contour casual size 9.5 W and it was too long.  The W i expected.  Tried a 9 W and still a little bit long but not much.    

So my question, can i rely on that and get myself a pair of 9 XWide Icon?

•  

The ICONs run very true to your dress shoe size while the M- Project and DNA run slightly different.

In a street shoe I wear an 8.5E. I typically wear an 8.5 W in an ICON Asymetrical (my goto shoe). My M-Project an an 8.5M and in the DNA I wear an 8 W. It is not uncommon that you would wear one full size smaller in a DNA.

•  

Rick is spot on with the advice he has given. I wear a smaller size in the DNA than the Icon and I know others that wear the same sizes in both shoes. I think it all comes down to what fits and feels the best in each shoe. For the Icons my shoe measurement on a Brannock device http://www.brannock.com  is the same as the size that I wear in an Icon.

• 1545 points

Thank you both for the responses, this is exactly what i was looking for.  Heading to the golf store tomorrow to measure one more time now that i understand how the Brannock device works.  Definitely going to measure both foot just to be safe.  

Better safe than sorry :).

Thanks again!

Cheers

•  

safe to go 1/2 size smaller in DNA....