36 holes with the DNAs

36 holes with the DNAs

•  

Rocked my DNAs for 36 holes yesterday and they were fantastic! Feet felt fresh and I really noticed the heel lock, always felt connected to the shoe. My ICONs were not very happy being left in the closet however haha

•  

Guess you ICONs will have to get used to that........make them happy and work them in the rotation.....we are a crazy bunch....

• 1476 points

So if you had a choice between Icon and DNA, which would it be?  My biggest thing is comfort for a whole 18 holes and by reading Whaql1 i'm guessing the DNA is the one.

• 5130 points

Great feedback. I haven't pulled the trigger on the DNA line just yet but this may change in the near future.

•  

Having used the DNA's myself, I know how the ICONs feel.  FJ made a great product, and now improved it.  Do you have the ties or the BOAs?

•  
    The DNAs are a great pair of shoes, def top of their class in innovation!
  •  

Chris H.
    So if you had a choice between Icon and DNA, which would it be?  My biggest thing is comfort for a whole 18 holes and by reading Whaql1 i'm guessing the DNA is the one.

Chris

I have walked 36 in Icons and can say they are stout as well. There really isn't much difference in how your feet would feel. The one, and only difference would be what kind of visual statement you want to make. DNA's are awesome and highly innovative shoes. But you cannot customize them and get a personalized look like in the Icon, where you have millions of potential combinations.

Herein lies the beauty of FJ. You can truly have bot hand enjoy comfort, style, and personality with one single brand.  

•  

The next pair of shoes I buy will be the DNA's. I've tried them on at the store and they felt great.

• 2763 points

Just got a pair of DNA's (gray/orange). I f they are as comfortable on the course as they were at the store they should be great.

• 5202 points

I like the more tradional look of the Icons. I think the DNAs would be a nice addition for the warmer months.

•  

Going to answer a couple of questions in one post. I have the laced DNAs I am not a fan of the BOAs purely on looks, I know they work great but just can't seem to get past the look on the back. I have worn my ICONS for 36 and my feet feel fantastic as well, the biggest difference for me was the heel lock, I really feel a connection with the shoe. That isn't to say I don't feel connected to my ICONs when they are on my feet, I just notice the technology in the DNAs. I see myself continuing with ICONs as my main shoe for the reasons Randy pointed out, but I can see the DNAs as a great option for the casual rounds when I don't need to make a statement with my white and purple, snake skin, or tuxedo ICONS.

•  

Whaql1
    Rocked my DNAs for 36 holes yesterday and they were fantastic! Feet felt fresh and I really noticed the heel lock, always felt connected to the shoe. My ICONs were not very happy being left in the closet however haha

Here, here... Cheers!

•  

Tar Heel

Chris H.

Chris

I have walked 36 in Icons and can say they are stout as well. There really isn't much difference in how your feet would feel. The one, and only difference would be what kind of visual statement you want to make. DNA's are awesome and highly innovative shoes. But you cannot customize them and get a personalized look like in the Icon, where you have millions of potential combinations.

Herein lies the beauty of FJ. You can truly have bot hand enjoy comfort, style, and personality with one single brand.

True dat, TH!  The comfort with style in an Icon is great, as well!

But in other words...

If one has to have just one pair, you could go either way. (par!)

But if you like more style, more comfort... by all means, yes, have them both!  (birdie!)

...MyJoys!  Now that's two birdies in a row!  :-)

• 1476 points

Thank you Whaql1!  I appreciate the response.  I just need to find a place that has the Icons so i can get the right size...  Wouldn't hurt to have both :).