Goodbye to FJ Sport

Goodbye to FJ Sport

•  

For the past 5 years, I've joined many Tour pros in wearing the FJ Sport. They have great traction, are very comfortable, lightweight and may have been the best shoe value in golf. Sadly, they are gone now but I was able to find a few pair on line. If you love the FJ Sport shoe, get them while you can.

• 1910 points

I was surprised to see them go as well.  But the DNA seem to be the next evolution of the the line.  I've tried both on (although I don't own either) and if I were to plunk my money on a choice, I'd pick the DNA.  

For full disclosure, I'm in the XPS-1 camp, but I'm torn about my next pair.  Not sure if I'll buy another pair of XPS-1s or DNAs.

•  

I have a pair of FJ Sports in the rotations.... Nice shoe. Comfy, Looks great. Will enjoy it for many more years I'm sure.

But the new DNA trumps it in every aspect performance wise, including fit and feel. The only thing lacking is it's addition to the MyJoys program, which is difficult due to the shoes construction. Not really a way to make it personalized yet.....

•  

Fred I think I know what you mean.  Yeah, it's a great bargain for the performance and comfort the Sport offers.  That's a good move.

But then the new style and more comfort comes into play with the DNA's like what the guys mentioned... also a good move.

I think either way we go, FJ has got us covered.

• 5167 points

I really like my Sports a lot. A golf shoe that looks like an Athletic shoe.

•  

Not around very long at all.  Sorry to see them go.  Very good alternative to DryJoys Tour and Icons at a lower price point.  I see that FJ is relying on the DNA to take over this section of the market--no FJ Sports, no XPS-1 except on MyJoys.  Ah well, just have to reintensify my drive for additional shoes.  My FJ Sports are getting older and showing their wear.

•  

There is always next year...

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    There is always next year...

And the teasing begins.  Well played DG, well played.

TT

•  

You beat me to it Tim! LOL - I was all set to buy a new pair of DNA, but I'll wait for next year now. (Just kidding Devin!)

•  

The last Sport and XPS-1 shoes....(sniff, sniff)

•  

I convinced a friend to switch to FootJoy with the Sports.  He picked a pair up on sale and is now only wears FJ shoes.  I was going to pick up a pair, but had trouble finding my size after they were discontinued.  I guess I wasn't prepared for that and didn't act quick enough.  I tried on the DNAs, but for me, they just didn't fit me right.  I'm going to try them on again, but I wasn't sold the on the first try.

• 5167 points

I going out to hit balls at lunch. Wearing my Sports. First time I have touched a club since Halloween day.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I going out to hit balls at lunch. Wearing my Sports. First time I have touched a club since Halloween day.

In Texas? What have you been doing!

• 1910 points

Fred, love the XPS-1s.  Same ones I have.

Mark, that is one serious gap in playing.  Sorry man.  Reminds me of growing up in Michigan.  About the only month that wasn't playable down here was January.  Brutal this year.  I even played on a couple of 30 degree days in December and again last week.  FJ may make every day playable, but that doesn't mean it's always a pleasant experience. Which isn't FJ's fault.

•  

fredcloss
    For the past 5 years, I've joined many Tour pros in wearing the FJ Sport. They have great traction, are very comfortable, lightweight and may have been the best shoe value in golf. Sadly, they are gone now but I was able to find a few pair on line. If you love the FJ Sport shoe, get them while you can.

Fred, it still available in Europe, spike and spikeless versions, if need some help to get it please let me know.