Cleaning the DNA's

Cleaning the DNA's

• 5142 points

How are DNA's holding up to regular wear?  What sorts of practical care routine are y'all doing?

Just curious because the leather looks a bit perforated on the sides. Does dirt accumulate in those perforations?  

What about the toe area -- the split section looks like the pyramids?  I find that I have to put a lot of effort on my Icon pyramids to keep that small portion just at the seam at the end of the toe, where the two flaps meet, clean.

•  

I've been using my pair of DNA since January, every Saturday.  In its rotation with other pairs, I play two rounds in it per week.  As for its maintenance, I just give it a dry cloth wipe down each time after a round (If I wanted to keep it in doors as a condition my wife and I agreed upon- to which I do).  Once, or a couple of weeks ago, I gave it a damp cloth wipe down... nothing else.  It is as good as new as it's looks as clean as it could be- like new!

I also have a couple of Pyramids.  One of them is white based.  Yes, for some reason, it is more difficult to rub away the dirt/dust stains on its leather cutline than the ChromoSkin leather on the DNA.  

Comparing the DNA and the Icon Pyramid shoe design where you see a split are two different constructions.

* Icon Pyramid; the cutline on its leather is exposed.

* DNA; the leather line is folded under. (there are no cut edges exposed on DNA)

This genius construction makes the DNA easier to maintain with a sharp clean look each time.  Not that the Icon Pyramids are less... that's just the way they were designed.

• 5142 points

Thanks @Noeldaof!  I haven't seen the DNA's in person yet but your description/comparison to the pyramids really helps.

•  

Mini...

Just broke out my DNA's for round one on Saturday. Holy cow, are they a treat to wear! Comfy on all fronts.

Cleaning is as easy as any other pair of FJ's. I simply sprayed them down with my cleaner/conditioner and buffed them up. Yes, there are small perforations on the sides, so if you live in a climate where more muddy conditions exist it may take a bit longer to clean them. But noting a small toothbrush cant manage.

No'l has it right about the toe too. It's different than our Pyramids, so an easy wipe down.

• 5142 points

Finally got to see the DNA's in person -- the entire European team at the Bonallack Trophy was wearing them. I asked a few players about them and they absolutely love the shoes.  They were brand new and the guys said they were really comfortable.  Noel, I can definitely now see the difference in the toe section and how it might be much to clean than the pyramids.

@Tar, I think you mentioned how they fit one-half size smaller. One of the guys from Northern Ireland told me the same thing.