Shoe Care and Maintenance Products

Shoe Care and Maintenance Products

• 335 points

Footjoy recommends their "White cleaner " and "Shoe cleaner". However, I'm unable to locate a source for the factory products in State College, Pa. area.  Any suggestions? Anyone using substitute cleaners? Have the traditional FJ Superlites, White and Taupe. HELP !

•  

Gramps

I recommend using Meguiers Leather conditioner. Simply spray on after each wearing and wipe off. Then buff. This process will keep the shoes conditioned, clean, and shiny after each wearing. I've been using this product for many years on my FJ Classics and FJ Icons and it works great.

Since your shoes are white, if they get scuffed or black marks, use a TINY amount of SoftScrub on your finger and GENTLY rub it into the leather. There are abrasives and bleach in the stuff, so be extra careful. Once done use the Meguiers and you should have nice and clean shoes time after time.

• 217 points

I have a problem getting the wrinkles in my shoes clean.  The dirt seems to be really resistant to any cleaning.  I do feel like I am the only golfer who cleans his shoes.  Almost makes me look geeky.

•  

Gabe

You are absolutely not the only golfer who cleans their shoes. Now how do you clean the creases (a shoe never wrinkles!).

Get a tooth brush and apply some leather cleaner. Gently rub it in the spots and repeat if necessary. Once you're done apply leather conditioner and buff dry. Shoes will look great.

Final tip. Make sure the toothbrush doesn't work its way into your bathroom. Leather Cleaner is not tasty......

•  

I will second Randy's comments about shoe cleaning, especially the creases.  I've been following his (and others") recommendations since soon after I joined the Forum and have kept all my FJ shoes in much cleaner, newer-looking shape since I started doing this.  I have difficulty finding Meguiars from time to time and have substituted Mother's VLR with good success.  I tried ArmorAll once and did not like either the results or the smell.  Just make sure you do not rub too hard with the white shoes or you will get the dark under layer showing in places.  Using a SOFT bristle toothbrush is the way to go for the creases, and the indentations on the edges of the soles of select FJ products.

•  

Shoe trees!

•  

Tar Heel
    Gabe

You are absolutely not the only golfer who cleans their shoes. Now how do you clean the creases (a shoe never wrinkles!).

Get a tooth brush and apply some leather cleaner. Gently rub it in the spots and repeat if necessary. Once you're done apply leather conditioner and buff dry. Shoes will look great.

Final tip. Make sure the toothbrush doesn't work its way into your bathroom. Leather Cleaner is not tasty......

And always use shoe trees, that will help the shoe keep its shape.

•  

Tar Heel on a role.  What great advice. Thanks for the refresher course on shoe care.  And yes shoe trees.  

Hi all I would reccomend using soap and warm water after every round.  Also keep shoe trees in the shoes when you are not using them.  This will prevent them from creasing and will keep them in the best shape.

That said we do offer a shoe care kit, as well as other products that may help with normal wear and tear.  You can purchase any at your local gofl shop. (picture below)

•  

And yes, all the many fine FJ shoe care products work wonderfully with your shoes! Especially the shoe trees.

•  

Shoe cleaners have solvents that can cause the color to degrade and the base coat to "flake". If you clean your shoes, soon after use, using a microfiber cloth and plain water, you will get them just as clean without any damage to your shoes. That's my $0.02.

• 3293 points

Are items J,K shoe bags? What about L? Polishing cloth? Can't quite tell from the pic.

•  

FJ Shoe Box
    Hi all I would reccomend using soap and warm water after every round.  Also keep shoe trees in the shoes when you are not using them.  This will prevent them from creasing and will keep them in the best shape.

That said we do offer a shoe care kit, as well as other products that may help with normal wear and tear.  You can purchase any at your local gofl shop. (picture below)

Any suggestions for restoring old/used white shoes to their former glory ???

•  

Croc

Have you tried leather cleaner followed by conditioner? I've never known them not to work and give you a good shine. A soft rub down with a toothbrush helps as well to clean pebbled finished (if that's an issue).

Good luck.

• 688 points

If you can't find the shoe care products, how about a good saddle soap? I have a problem keeping the white on. Have a tendency to scuff my toes. I tried a good cream, but doesn't cover, so I use the FJ liquid and a foam brush.