The FJ City

The FJ City

•  

Brown Professional for me, please!

Anyway, a group of doctors who plays golf are always the first to notice my footwear when I visit them for work, and they always have a nice comment whenever they see me in a MyJoy or the Professional.  But it was only a week ago when we were all talking about FJ City and the Professionals.  Can't wait to teas them all to get new pairs!  :)

Many Thanks; FootJoy!

•  

Tyler Higley
    tdogg21Way to go Tyler!  I think they saw your other shoes and felt bad for you!

Funny part is they are a pair of the professionals that aren't really that old. Maybe winter has been hard on them.

Tyler:  Plain Toe Blucher, tan/burgundy.  The professionals are a nice look for work or casual and a picture is worth a thousand words......Chuck :-)

•  

or they don't sell shoe polish UP NORTH....

•  

ChuckZ
    Tyler Higleytdogg21Way to go Tyler!  I think they saw your other shoes and felt bad for you!

Funny part is they are a pair of the professionals that aren't really that old. Maybe winter has been hard on them.

Tyler:  Plain Toe Blucher, tan/burgundy.  The professionals are a nice look for work or casual and a picture is worth a thousand words......Chuck :-)

Those are my choice right there.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    ChuckZTyler Higleytdogg21Way to go Tyler!  I think they saw your other shoes and felt bad for you!

Tyler:  Plain Toe Blucher, tan/burgundy.  The professionals are a nice look for work or casual and a picture is worth a thousand words......Chuck :-) Those are my choice right there.

This is the pair that I currently have, kind of a suede like finish.

This is the pair that my fashion adviser at work told me to get plus I also wanted to be like CG.

•  

Doesn't appear anyone can go wrong with their choice.  Sounds like there are going to be a lot of happy shoppers with the new FJ Citys....whether they be the Professionals or the Golf Shoe........FJ has created a very interesting shoe......I'm waiting on mine......

•  

Tyler, I chose the black version. Just saying...

•  

Tar Heel
    Tyler, I chose the black version. Just saying...

She is better looking than you RV, so I had to go with her opinion...

•  

Tyler Higley
    Devin_GmitterChuckZTyler Higleytdogg21Way to go Tyler!  I think they saw your other shoes and felt bad for you!

Tyler:  Plain Toe Blucher, tan/burgundy.  The professionals are a nice look for work or casual and a picture is worth a thousand words......Chuck :-) Those are my choice right there.

This is the pair that I currently have, kind of a suede like finish.

This is the pair that my fashion adviser at work told me to get plus I also wanted to be like CG.

Good call.  I like em both.  Wear them well Higley

•  

FJC:  This is the pair that I really like and they arrived by FEDEX today at lunch.....love the shoe box they came in as well......great fit and soft.....going to give them a run next week.....rain storm coming through this afternoon thru the weekend.....BEAUTIMUS looking shoe...think you guys will love them....these are going to look great with shorts........chuck  :-)

•  

So I was lucky enough to be selected to test some FootJoy City shoes.  Sweet!  When I opened the box, my first thought was how good looking they are.  I like the finish and feel. They feel lighter than my Icons and are very comfortable while wearing them around the house.  I'm going to wear them tomorrow to see how they feel after a day on the course and will report back tomorrow night. Here's a few pictures:

They were also nice enough to include a shoe bag as well.

•  

Well, after wearing my new City shoes today, I'm very impressed! They are very comfortable and easy to wear. The Laser Last that the City is made on is the same as the Icon saddle but feels a touch smaller in the toe area which is fine to me.  That makes them more in line with all the other Icon styles I have, and like the size of. One of the first things I noticed was the fact that the leather did not absorb any of the morning dew. Later, when I cleaned them, this was very obvious as the water just ran right off the shoes. And speaking of cleaning them, they were very easy to clean and hardly looked like they had even been used. Right out of the box, basically, and on to the golf course with no break-in at all, not a blister or any discomfort. Just happy to be wearing them! Traction wise, they were excellent. No slipping and easy to walk around.  I did not notice any lack of grip with two less spikes in the heels. Another nice feature is that the soles were not picking up and holding onto all the morning wet grass. I have always liked the Pulsar spikes that the City comes with and they worked well.

All in all, I think that FootJoy hit a home run with the new City shoe! They are very stylish and have the look of very popular casual shoes you would see at Nordstoms or DSW. Well done FootJoy. I highly recommend these shoes, I think anyone would be happy with them.

Don

•  

Know the feeling, Don.  I appreciate FJ selecting me to test them as well.  Have been spreading the word at the locally.  It is truly a great shoe.  

•  

I am a little concerned I may loose some footing considering how hard I swing, but I see a couple of pairs of the professionals in the future for sure.

•  

Whaql1
    I am a little concerned I may loose some footing considering how hard I swing, but I see a couple of pairs of the professionals in the future for sure.

I am a pretty hard swinger (110 club head speed) of the club also, and when I played in them this week, I had no problems. The spikes provide ample support and traction.........the shoe is a winner.......chuck   :-)