E'erbody in the club makin' new shoes

E'erbody in the club makin' new shoes

•  

Jiminy Christmas. Now Ogio is making shoes. Seriously, who does market research for these guys? http://www.thegolfwire.com/stories/308986

• 3284 points

Well it looks like UA and Ogio are willing to pay them.  It looks like Kevin Streelman and Chris Stroud have also signed apparel deals with Ogio -- Streelman is currently sponsored by FJ for shoes.

What I find amazing is that as the game/industry is shrinking that there are more companies entering the segment.

www.thegolfwire.com/.../308847

• 989 points

Everyone wants a piece of the pie

•  

For some reason I think Ogio makes nice corporate custom bags etc....but I would never consider purchasing one of their golf shoes... I do not see them being good at this sport nor having the technical experience to produce a high quality product.... IMHO

•  

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That being said, there's a lot of money to be in shoes and apparel. Since companies are in business to make money, this is no surprise. Who knows, UA may be next. Ogio has lots of experience in apparel and thinks their golf shoes will sell. Oakley thought the same thing.

• 4131 points

I have a couple of Ogio golf bags a cart and a carry bag. I bought them when I first started playing. I have upgraded to Titleist bags that are just better. The Ogio bags are fine but just aren't quite right. I would assume that the shoes will be the same. Fine but not quite right either.

Footjoy's products Shoes and Apparel just work for me.

•  

Never really cared for their bags, so never bought one.....can't see trying their footwear....when we wear the best, whey settle for less....  :-)

•  

FJ for life!  Now with the professional spikeless and the casuals I can rock FJ for a long while now

•  

Just because you can, should you? Age old question folks....

Not every brand is extendable

•  

Not impressed. This too, shall pass.

• 3676 points

It's PGA show time.  Lots coming out of the woodwork.  As mentioned prior everyone wants a piece of the pie.  Definitely not for me, but there will be folks out there who buy em for sure.  I just can't see them lasting.

• 1364 points

I agree with the sentiment here.  Ultimately, I see this as a good thing for FJ.  More competition amongst the market laggards will, in my opinion, lead them to cannibalize one another, but not likely to ding FJ.

I wonder how much though of an upfront cost with respect to distribution, getting floorspace in brick-and-mortar stores, as well as pro shops has to run.  It would seem that would be really cost prohibitive, unless they're opting for online only sales.  Still, it's a big risk.  It kind of reminds me of what happened with the Microsoft Surface.  The biggest marketing blitz won't cover up for a sub-standard product that few, if any, will ultimately buy.

•  

Got a new catalog in the mail today from TGW and saw that NewBalance, who I understand makes a pretty good running shoe has golf shoes in this issue.  Who will be next Florshiem?  Looks like FJ has a target on its back.  That's what happens when you're number one......

• 2377 points

UA has shoes per Jordan Speith facebook page ----

These are my new Under Armour golf shoes. I was fortunate to have input on the design and they're amazing! -Jordan
    Photo: These are my new Under Armour golf shoes. I was fortunate to have input on the design and they're amazing!  -Jordan
  •  

ChuckZ
    Got a new catalog in the mail today from TGW and saw that NewBalance, who I understand makes a pretty good running shoe has golf shoes in this issue.  Who will be next Florshiem?  Looks like FJ has a target on its back.  That's what happens when you're number one......

www.footjoy.com/.../12323.aspx