Testing at the Shoe Box

Testing at the Shoe Box

•  

I am glad to say, that I have starting testing again at the Shoe Box in Brockton.  I was in their yesterday after a couple month break.  Jamie has taken over the testing program and was very knowledgable and went over a few new shoes to the 2014 line up.  

Can't wait until the next test.  It is awlays fun being able to test new products and provide first hand feedback as decisions are made on new products.

I can say that you will all be happy come the 2014 releases.

-Brian

Thanks for the intro Brian!  Looking forward to meeting all the FJ ambassadors and providing info on the latest and greatest FootJoy shoe products!

Anyone interested in testing feel free to give me a shout!

•  

Jamie, you need to come out to SoCal and pay us a visit out here. I need all the help I can get knocking these "3 stripes" people away from me....

• 4131 points

Can you explain more about what the "Shoe Box" is and does?

• 1157 points

For those three strippers I can only say, stupid is what stupid does.

•  

The Shoe a Box was an awesome experience at the FJAI  II!

• 2625 points

The shoe box is a testing facility at Footjoy. They measure shoe performance features such as stability , comfort and effect on golf shots. I was just there for a test of some new FJ's and a competitor's new shoe. All I can say is the new FJ shoe is awesome. The competitors shoe felt like I was walking on concrete soles.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Can you explain more about what the "Shoe Box" is and does?

It's basically a top-secret place where the powers that be at FJ test and develop the future FJ shoes. Unreal facility.

Hey, Jamie; sign me up for testing!

•  

It was a ton of fun to visit Brockton back in Fall 2011.  The Shoe Box was SO COOL!  

•  

I'd be interested in testing.  What is the time commitment?  I live far enough away that it could be an issue, but close enough that I could make a little trip out of it if the timing is right.

Sure Mark the shoe box is our performance lab located in Brockton MA where we test the latest an greatest FJ shoes.  I have attached a small picture below.

•  

@Brian

I am so jealous!

It must have been fun and a neat experience!  FJ shoe news coming from you (solid Acushnet guy & FJA) makes me on the look out for the up coming 2014 shoes!

Thanks for the heads up!

No'l

•  

The Shoe Box and the Brockton facility were very cool.  The smell and feel of the old facility where the Classics were handmade, and all of the high tech equipment used in the Shoe Box for testing.  Truly a great place.

TT

•  

Two years ago at the FJAI we stopped by the Shoe Box and it was an amazing piece of technology.  When I was at Oceanside TPI in October they had a similar setup room/range area, how does it differ? They showed me the sensors in the floor and you could hit balls out on the fairway and greens...they also had the sensors to go on a golfers body to show the mechanics and feedback.  

Just curious?

•  

OUTIGER
    The Shoe Box and the Brockton facility were very cool.  The smell and feel of the old facility where the Classics were handmade, and all of the high tech equipment used in the Shoe Box for testing.  Truly a great place.

TT

I agree with all of this.  One of the coolest "golf places" I've ever been too.  You could sense the history that was in that place.