FJ Sport Design

FJ Sport Design

• 25 points

I wore FootJoy my whole life.  In College I wore Dry Joys ('04-'08) and loved the shoe.  However, after college I switched to the FJ Sport but could not find a size that fit me.  Even the new Dry Joys didn't work.  My shoe size hasn't changed in several years and I'm wondering if the design of the newer FootJoy models have changed.  Specifically, are they more narrow in the toe area?  

•  

It's most likely your foot has changed shape/size over the years, which happens to everyone.  We haven't changed the last on DryJoys since that time, so the fit would be the same.  

The fact that he feels our shoes fit more "narrower" tells me your foot or arch may have flatten or widened.

I can relate, my foot keeps getting wider and wider.  

• 25 points

Are the FJ Sports constructed differently?  They felt narrow too.

• 2407 points

Yeah, your foot will definitely change over time.  In the past few years, I've started wearing a larger size shoe that previously because my right foot seems like it's bigger than my left, which is natural, but something I never dealt with before.

I was a size 13 shoe at 13 years old.  However, it's all about what feels comfortable.  Don't get hung up on a number, get hung up on what feels best on your feet.  I wear three different size shoes depending on the situation.  My dress shoes are 12s, FJs are 13s, and running shoes are 14s.  Go figure.  

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    It's most likely your foot has changed shape/size over the years, which happens to everyone.  We haven't changed the last on DryJoys since that time, so the fit would be the same.  

The fact that he feels our shoes fit more "narrower" tells me your foot or arch may have flatten or widened.

Interesting Devin. Watch over time and there are a few other areas of your physique that will widen as well.

•  

reddymj
    Are the FJ Sports constructed differently?  They felt narrow too.

They are constructed on a very similar last to that of the DryJoys Tour. They should fit very similar to one another.

• 25 points

Thank you for your help.

• 1362 points

Devin_Gmitter
    reddymjAre the FJ Sports constructed differently?  They felt narrow too. They are constructed on a very similar last to that of the DryJoys Tour. They should fit very similar to one another.

Do the lasts used for the FJ Sport differ between U.S., Europe, Japan?

•  

JosephR
    Devin_GmitterreddymjAre the FJ Sports constructed differently?  They felt narrow too. They are constructed on a very similar last to that of the DryJoys Tour. They should fit very similar to one another.

Do the lasts used for the FJ Sport differ between U.S., Europe, Japan?

They do not.

•  

Tar Heel

Devin_Gmitter

Interesting Devin. Watch over time and there are a few other areas of your physique that will widen as well.

The skinny jeans keep everything in place.

•  

Tar Heel
    Devin_GmitterIt's most likely your foot has changed shape/size over the years, which happens to everyone.  We haven't changed the last on DryJoys since that time, so the fit would be the same.  

Hey, Randy.  I think some of us refer to that as the Donelap disease.......when the chest falls to the midsection and then it done lapped over the belt....at least in my case....skinny jeans out......not ready for the plumber phase of life......I wear a 12 wide in all of my shoes......quality shoes seem to run the same for me.......just one persons opinion.....  : )  

•  

Whaql1
    Tar Heel

Devin_GmitterIt's most likely your foot has changed shape/size over the years, which happens to everyone.  We haven't changed the last on DryJoys since that time, so the fit would be the same.  

The skinny jeans keep everything in place.

No Mike, those are tights or yoga pants......

• 1735 points

I know my foot shape has changed during my twenty years of military duty, cause those combat boots have no arch support at all.  But I tried a pair of the Sports with the BOA system, and they felt very odd.  Much like a combat boot, felt like the offered no arch support.  I wear Dry Joys and they feel just like running shoes to me, nice support and cushion.  I will give the Sport another try, since my course is having a great sale on them, but if it feels the same, I will just pass it by and stick with my DryJoys.