Big feet, what to do?

Big feet, what to do?

• 19 points

My feet measure out at a size 11.5 4E with a high instep. I normally wear a 12 4E. After searching the internet I found many posts saying that the FJ Contours worked well for others with large feet. Those sizes aren't available to try on in store so I ordered a pair of the Contour Casuals in 12XW online. I wore them but after 9 holes my feet cramped so bad that I couldn't continue. The only option for a shoe in a 4E (XXW) seems to be the MyJoys. I'd hate to spend the money for the MyJoys only to find that the size and last doesn't work for me. Does anybody have any recommendations?

•  

Alot of us purchase FJ products from golflocker.com and you might try them.  Order a pair such as you are describing and when you get them try them on to insure that they fit (do not wear them) and if they do not feel comfortable return them.  I have enclosed their return policy.  Just one suggestion.  

Golf Locker's Basic Returns Policy is simple!

Within 60 days of your order ship date, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, just send it back to us in the same condition that we sent it to you (with the tags), and we will refund your money minus shipping charges.

You must initiate a request for a return authorization number (RA#) within 60 days of your order ship date, and we must receive your return within 14 days of issuing you an RA# -- Sorry, no exceptions. You can go on line to read their entire Return/Exchange Policy.

•  

Wow, I thought I had it rough with a 14 Narrow (B)! LOL

• 19 points

ChuckZ
    Alot of us purchase FJ products from golflocker.com and you might try them.  Order a pair such as you are describing and when you get them try them on to insure that they fit (do not wear them) and if they do not feel comfortable return them.  I have enclosed their return policy.  Just one suggestion.  

Golf Locker's Basic Returns Policy is simple!

Within 60 days of your order ship date, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, just send it back to us in the same condition that we sent it to you (with the tags), and we will refund your money minus shipping charges.

You must initiate a request for a return authorization number (RA#) within 60 days of your order ship date, and we must receive your return within 14 days of issuing you an RA# -- Sorry, no exceptions. You can go on line to read their entire Return/Exchange Policy.

Well the good news is that they have a good price on the shoes. The bad news is that when I added the shoes to the cart they are not covered by the return/exchange policy because they are special order items. I wish I could get a better idea which last would be ideal for my foot since there's no way to try on a shoe to see what feels best.

•  

Chris, I think I saw a pair of flippers in your bag when we were in FL.  I believe they did have a FJ logo on them, but not 100% sure.

•  

You should check out this link  www.footjoy.com/.../warranty.asp it tells you how FJ will stand behind the product.  Golf Locker should accept them back in line wit the FJ 30 comfot policy.

Another thing to try would be to replace the insoles of the shoes you already have with an orthotic insert made for your high instep. I know other that have done this with success.

•  

If you use a Brannock Device (what you find at most finer mens shoe stores) you can measure your foot exactly and the FJ shoes generally work well to get you into the general area for sizing...the "lasts" for the all the shoes have slowly merged over the years to be more similar than different so I would not be overly analytical of the fit but rather focus on which style you prefer.   Such as in the old FJ Classics, I wore a Rex Last (narrow heel with wide toe box area).

All this being said, I have a large size foot that is difficult to fit such as yours and I need to go the Myjoys.com route as well.  I can see how the price could be no fun on a mistake also... That being said, you may also wish to explore different thickness and technology in socks in addition to widths of shoes...I realize you may have tried this but it makes a HUGE difference for me.  Some are performance fitted socks that hug your foot and almost feel like you are wearing no socks at all and allows a wide foot to more easily to get into smaller widths.  Just an idea...its worked for me.

Hope this helps! Chris

• 19 points

Thanks Chris. I called Footjoy and they will in fact honor the comfort warranty for the Myjoys. Unfortunately it's for exchange only. They said I should have sent the Contours back and they could have stretched them. They also said that the Traditional Saddle has a fuller toe box than the Asymmetric. I just ordered a pair from Golf Locker and put a note on the order to have Footjoy stretch the toe box a little during manufacture. Hopefully that will work for me.

•  

RichBad
    Thanks Chris. I called Footjoy and they will in fact honor the comfort warranty for the Myjoys. Unfortunately it's for exchange only. They said I should have sent the Contours back and they could have stretched them. They also said that the Traditional Saddle has a fuller toe box than the Asymmetric. I just ordered a pair from Golf Locker and put a note on the order to have Footjoy stretch the toe box a little during manufacture. Hopefully that will work for me.

Have you considered a wide?

• 19 points

I ordered the MyJoys in 12XXW. So yes, I have considered a wide. Unfortunately the only shoe available to people with really wide feet is the MyJoys. That means there's no chance of trying on a shoe prior to purchasing a custom shoe.