Dufner's Grand Slam goof

Dufner's Grand Slam goof

•  

They miked the players in the PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Jason Dufner was wearing some Shield Tips, white with what looked like Charcoal Lizard. Paddy Harrington made a remark about his "fancy" shoes, and Dufner replied "They aren't very comfortable for walking all the hills on this course." Then Ian Baker-Finch said something about shoes being a major topic of conversation among players, and that a stiff shoe can be very uncomfortable, and that it looked like Dufner might have some blisters. Of course Jason has the FJ logo on the side of his hat.

As someone who works in public relations, I thought this was one of the most cringe-worthy moments I've seen/heard. Jason needs a little media training. 

• 1933 points

As with many things in life, comfort and good looks are not always synonymous.

•  

Ouch...I missed that. I wonder what happened with his shoes. He can wear whatever he wants so I don't know why he didn't just wear another pair. I have had no issues with my ICONS regardless of the type of course I have walked but there are a few hilly  courses when I switch to my Sports just cause they are a bit lighter. Hmmm I really find this odd.

•  

Ouch! ... and surprising from Dufner as he has a heap of Icons.

Maybe he had a particular problem with this pair as I can't imagine he would constantly wear uncomfortable shoes.

• 4511 points

Wow that's surprising.  There's no way I'd put on a pair of shoes that wasn't comfortable for 6 hours on the course!

•  

No biggie, if he doesn't really like them, then he'll dump them!

•  

That was a "Duffnering" of the worst kind....

•  

That is interesting since you would have thought he would be more sensitive to his sponsors and/or potential sponsors listening...

•  

I do think the new shoe release in January will be great for him...the shoes look comfortable, formal and light... IMHO

•  

not a good way to pump up your sponsor, I am sure it was just a misused choice of words.

•  

Tar Heel
    That was a "Duffnering" of the worst kind....

"Never cut off the hand that feeds you".......Jason should know better than this or did he just forget that he was miked.....not the first time he had worn this stype of shoe.......

•  

He seems to mix between shield tips and xps-1's...I really think he seems to play better when wearing the xps's...don't know if there is any way to prove this though...

•  

I am sure that Duf will find the right pair.  He might want to sport a pair of the kicks that Paddy was wearing - M-Projects.  

Maybe if he does not intend to wear them again, he will volunteer them to be auctioned off at a charity event, or as a contest here at the FJC..."Design Duf a New Pair Of Kicks"

• 5457 points

Yikes! Sponsors nightmare. Hopefully he provides some good feedback to the FJ team on why they weren't that comfortable on hilly courses.

• 2653 points

I think he really messed up and wonder why his shoes did not fit. I think he better talk to whomever his rep is and explain what was the issue or I wonder if his FJ support is only the money.  And I have no idea if FJ pays him or not but his comment was a major mistake and screw up on his part. Sorry but if he is just wearing the product because he gets paid and he does not support the product i am not impressed with him at all.