Kilties

Kilties

• 2583 points

As a traditional shoe fan I liked the idea of Kilties on such shoes.  Anyone else miss that look?  Maybe a future offering for FJ.  

•  

A bit too old school for me.

Prefer the nice clean lines of the Icon these days!

•  

• 5133 points

Hmmm...I think this ship has sailed for men.

What was the reason for this extra cover anyway?

•  

CROCMAN

Agree with the crocman......can't remember the last time I saw a pair......I'm old school too on somethings but not on kilties....FJ, please do not bring them back......clean traitional lines.......cz  : )

•  

Yeah, I don't see the kiltie coming back. And while I "never say never," I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put them in play...

• 3051 points

I agree with most here that is one thing that went away and is staying away...... with good reason. UGLY

•  

I'd love to see a design before I dropped the $, but I'm always open to new stuff!

•  

miniwarmth

Not to sure, these were long gone before I even started playing golf. My only guess is to keep the laces clean?  

I think I would wear a pair if we made them though!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    miniwarmthHmmm...I think this ship has sailed for men.

Not to sure, these were long gone before I even started playing golf. My only guess is to keep the laces clean?  

FOLKS, IN THE "OLD DAYS" GOLF COURSES WERE NOT THE PRETTY GROOMED PLACES THEY ARE TODAY AND THE KILTIES KEPT  THE TALL WEEDS AND STICKS FROM GETTING INTO THE LACES AND BEYOND. ACTUALLY, IF YOU LOOK AROUND THEY ARE NOW SNEAKING BACK INTO ACCEPTANCE AS A WAY TO MIX AND MATCH/COLOR CO ORDINATE YOUR GOLFING APPARREL,ie, RED AND WHITE SHOES WITH BLUE KILTIES.

KINDA COOL IN THIS OLD MANS OPINION.

THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE SHOE, YOU CAN BUY THEM AND ADD THEM BY LACING THEM ON.

•  

I haven't seen any on any golf courses in many years.....the bad part about kilties is the tips would split because they were two pieces of leather sewn together and the top piece would turn up and curl......dogloski is right....they were used to keep junk out of the laces.....have not seen any sneaking back in our area.....last time I saw them was on womens shoes.......best to let a sleeping dog lie......cz

•  

Pony
    As a traditional shoe fan I liked the idea of Kilties on such shoes.  Anyone else miss that look?  Maybe a future offering for FJ.

You might be surprised to know that if you go to google and type in "Kiltie Golf Shoe" you will find some Foot Joy Golf Shoes with kiltes.......they range in price from $45 to $235.......a few mens.....I was very surprised....but you never know what you can find on the internet until you try......good shopping.....saw a pair of black and white wingtips with a kiltie........cz  

•  

While I thought it was a great design feature in the 70's ... I think it could be a fun "retro" thing to add to shoes but I would not wear them on a regular basis! LOL

•  

Would go great with knickers!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

miniwarmth

Yeah, that makes sense.

We were on a real cool course not long ago, though "walking only".  I had on white pyramids, even staying pretty much in the fairways, but at the end of the day, the laces including the whole shoes were pretty much covered with dust.  The lcaes and stiches will stay discolored it seems like.