Selling to Women

Selling to Women

•  

You all know I am in the women's golf apparel business. Here's a nice blog post about "Longevity in the business of women's golf" from GottaGoGolf e-magazine that features FootJoy as the #1 women's shoe. 

http://www.gottagogolf.com/blog/susanfornoff/longevity-in-the-business-of-womens-golf/

• 5457 points

Nice article. I think some of the guys here would be happy if the men's side had as many new styles as the women's. The lo-pro certainly has some cool ones.

• 5586 points

Interesting article. I did not know that the womens apparel  market was so small.

Thanks for the article.

•  

golfchick
    You all know I am in the women's golf apparel business. Here's a nice blog post about "Longevity in the business of women's golf" from GottaGoGolf e-magazine that features FootJoy as the #1 women's shoe. 

www.gottagogolf.com/.../longevity-in-the-business-of-womens-golf

Thanks......Interesting article.  Like my wife tells me all the time.  You are so boring.  She rotates he clothes and donates to charity on a regular basis where I seem to hang on because style is not as important to me.  I might slide one or two shirts in every now and then.  Regarding the trend in shoes comment on men.  I tend to stick with the basic saddles in black, white or combination or brown.  I found the article interesting.  I worked in the apparel business myself a long time ago.  Loved it......LEVI's.....SF, CA......   cz : )

•  

Thanks sharing for the article, Chris.....But would have to say this is a misquote   “Men buy shoes when they lose them or wear them out,” says Jeff Hughes, when it comes to the FJC Fashionistas, lol.....

•  

Interesting article...albeit I definitely do not wait for my shoes to wear out before I buy another pair!

• 5457 points

@ 3G and @Chris, I'm guessing most on the FJC don't wait until the wear out  and probably have at least 3 pairs of shoes in a their rotation. I would also venture a guess that the "average" golfer probably only has one pair and buys after their shoes/spikes are gone -- hence the trend towards the spikeless models.

Would be nice if their was an "official" poll that could be added to the side panel on the site.