Contour Casuals

Contour Casuals

• 2207 points

Thinking about getting a pair of Contour Casuals.  I would love to hear what people that have them think about them.  Thanks in advance.

•  

Have a pair that I use as casual shoes. I have worn them for putting or light wedge practice as well.

For me, there isnt enough support for a full swing and I find myself sliding around. But thats me.....

•  

I've got two pair.  They are relatively comfortable, though I may have bought the wrong size (still debating that).  I don't use mine for golf, just leisure wear and getting to/from the course.

• 2207 points

Thanks Tar Heel.  I'm thinking I'll probably just have to get a pair and see if they'll work for me or not but I'm still curious to know what people think that have already tried them.

•  

I also own a pair. . . 'Love it!

I've used them for golf, to market, travel on a plane, and everywhere casually ok to have them on including a few casual half days at work and run over to the nearby course and be ready on the fly.  (like the FJ Professional pairs as well as the MyJoys spikeless!)

The Contour Casuals are a great pair and has multipurpose that keeps my feet comfortable and also very casual cool looking with shorts or long pants.

Also, because of its outsole made of DuraMax", it has great grips on many types of dry grounds.  The lacing comes from top all the way towards the toe which makes for a versatile adjust-ability for its tightness along its way.  It just depends on how tight/lose you want to wear the shoes.

On a brisk walk when I want to get done with a quick 18, I'll make it a little snug.  (be mindful- it is easy to make it too tight- this can cause you to have an unpleasant pain early in the round)  But, when I wear it around town, I tend to wear it a little loose.

Honestly, I think you will enjoy the Contour Casuals.

Good luck!  (Hope to see some pictures if you do decide.)

No'l

• 106 points

I have had a pair of the Contour Casuals for 4 months now and absolutely love them. I like putting them on in the house, driving to the course, stopping and eating afterwards, and walking back in the house to take them off. They are great! They stay fairly clean and the material is smooth and very easy to wipe off and clean up if they do get a little dusty. I wear my standard Contours when playing in the morning as the Casuals might slip a little in the wet turf.

• 5586 points

Tar Heel
    Have a pair that I use as casual shoes. I have worn them for putting or light wedge practice as well.

For me, there isnt enough support for a full swing and I find myself sliding around. But thats me.....

I could not have said it better. I practice short game in them and run around town.  I like the retro K Swiss look.

• 5457 points

Hi. I got my CC's about  a month back  and like the others I have used them a lot for non-golfing activities as well as a few holes on a short course and on the practice tee. I've had no issues so far (although for the last 10 days I've been on rest from a muscle pull).

Overall they are great and I have noticed that the grass area around my foot  area is just as torn/messed up as with my regular spikes. Which means that my feet are way too active. I have noticed that a number of players like Rose Furyk, and Els now use them full-time. Clearly they are able to generate sufficient stability and still make their turn AND still be in balance in the rough on courses such as Oak Hill and Merion. I'm not sure if you noticed but they wore the same shoes even in the rain in Rnd.3 of the PGA!  Pretty good testimony right there.

•  

I have a friend at my club who bought the white / orange stripe model last summer and he told me it was hands down the best summer shoe he has ever worn with both comfort and support.

Unfortunately I haven't tried them myself but they certainly look great. look extremely comfortable and I can't recall anyone I know who wears them say a negative thing about them.

• 2207 points

Thanks for all the responses.  Sounds like most everybody really likes them.  As I told Tar Heel, it sounds like as far as playing in them I'll have to try them out and make sure they work for me.  Definitely sounds like I won't regret buying them no matter what.  Of course they are FJs so I wouldn't expect any less.  And it would be even better if I were to win a pair in the sweepstakes going on right now!

•  

i bought a pair for casual wear and they are extremely comfortable.  i haven't worn them to play golf yet, but i think i could with no issues and they would be really comfortable while walking the course.

•  

A number of guys in in the group I play with wear them and really like them.  I like my Tours.  Like that solid foundation and are confortable to walk in.  Maybe I'll try a pair one day and wear them at the tournaments I work with.  I play 4-5 days a week and prefer that solid sole.........cz : )  

• 1690 points

I have a pair I sometimes wear at the course I work at.  Very simple and durable as anything on the market.  And we just dropped our prices on the older models, so I am thinking a couple more pairs will end up in my collection.  

•  

joined the club for casual wear.  way more comfortable than those old ni...ni...ni...........you know.

• 5457 points

beej
    joined the club for casual wear.  way more comfortable than those old ni...ni...ni...........you know.

Congrats @beej.  Definitely post a pic of your new kicks! And they are comfortable for sure.