Footbeds

Footbeds

• 5235 points

Devin,

Do the tour players have custom footbeds in their shoes?

Does anyone replace the stock footbeds in their FJs Excluding medical conditions.

M

•  

Good question, hard to really say for certain.  I have seen one of our former players, swap in new footbeds on his FJ Sports.

Some players have a special last or some additional features "under to hood" of the shoe, maybe 5-6 guys fall into this category.  For instance, Westwood's ICONs are made with an additional piece of fiberboard to make them really stiff.

•  

that's interesting to know.  i never really thought that before but it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation to the type of player and how they might customize their shoe.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Good question, hard to really say for certain.  I have seen one of our former players, swap in new footbeds on his FJ Sports.

Some players have a special last or some additional features "under to hood" of the shoe, maybe 5-6 guys fall into this category.  For instance, Westwood's ICONs are made with an additional piece of fiberboard to make them really stiff.

Under the hood features....Doesn't surprise me when it come to FootJoy !