Looking to buy first pair of FJ any recommendations

Looking to buy first pair of FJ any recommendations

• 535 points

I am looking to buy a new pair of golf shoes. I currently have two pairs of Nike shoes, but I usually walk 18 holes and my feet are sore. So any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

•  

Steve, welcome to the Community!  If you are a walker you should try out the M:Projects!  I have DryJoys Tour, Icons and Sports and the M:Project feel unbelievable.  Really lightweight and comfortable.

•  

If you are looking for confort,  try any of the M-Project shoes.

• 1135 points

I am sure you will get  a ton of different answers to your question. I would say that the best choice would depend on several different things. What is your budget? There are a ton of Icon fans on here but paying $200+ for a pair of golf shoes isn't for everybody. However, it is a great shoe and there are a ton of different styles and color combinations. The M Project is a solid choice if you are looking for something lightweight and with little structure. Ultimately, it depends on you. I would say go and get fitted for them and try on several different styles.

Sorry for not actually answering your question and welcome to the forum!

•  

Hi Steve, and welcome to the FJ Community!  The great thing about FootJoy is that, aside from their awesome quality and Customer Service, they have MANY different types/styles of shoes across various price ranges.  You will get varying replies from people here regarding your question and really it comes down to several things.  What are the most important things for you?  What price range are you looking at?  Do you want an extremely light weight shoe or is that a factor at all?  Do you like a certain style of shoe?  You can get anything from more "modern" styles to traditional to somewhere in-between.  

That being said, I have tried the Contour Series, FJ Sports, DryJoy Tours, and ICONs.  I too am a walker (I walk 90% or more of the time) and so a comfortable golf shoe is a must for me.  Personally, I'm an ICON man.  I've never put on a more comfortable golf shoe.  They are comfortable right out of the box but "mold" to your feet after a few rounds and become perfect.  They offer a variety of styles and patterns (as well as MyJoys).  They aren't the lightest of FJ's shoes, but as I said, I'm a walker and the weight does not bother me.    They are the most expensive of FJ's shoes, but can be had for VERY reasonable prices on closeouts and eBay.  All that being said, I'd recommend you go to a dealer and try on the various styles within whatever price range you decide (and again, remember that you can likely find ANY of the FJ shoes in your price range as closeouts or eBay).  Doing so will allow you to be fit and find the proper shoe for your needs.  Good luck with your "search" and let us know how it turns out!

• 1466 points

Currently have the XPS 1s and love them, just ordered Icons and hope they will be just as good! Can't go wrong with either!

•  

Any and all FJ's would be a perfect fit for what you describe.

M Projects or FJ Sports are easy to walk in straight out of the box.

Contour Casuals are great spikeless examples.

Icons and XPS-1's are my personal choice.

Can't really go wrong especially after you have been wearing swoosh products.

TT

•  

Stevebert 2714,

Welcome to the community!

The guys are spot on any of the choices listed.

I just purchased a pair of the M projects just for my casual walking rounds. Several folks on the forums already have the M projects and compliment how light they are.

Still my favorites are the Icons. Also, this is a big plus due to the current pricing on last years ICON models on Ebay.

Thanks

Tim

• 4783 points

I agree with all of the above posts. I have tried several other manufacturers I was never satsified. FJs are comfortable and durable.

I would check out internet pricing. I have bought several pairs from Golflocker.com. Golflocker is having a clearance on last years model now.

www.golflocker.com/footjoy-golf-shoes-closeouts.html

I have never been disappointed with FJs.

•  

Stevebert

Welcome to our community. We hope you find answers to your questions and choose to stay a while.

If you walk and comfort is your number one priority, M Projects and Contours are solid choices. Plus they are affordably priced. I wear Icons, but as is mentioned, they are at the upper end of the range price wise. But they are comfy, and I have walked 36 holes with them right out of the box and never ever had a blister.

One thing not mentioned is to definately have your feet professionally measured. Most soreness in the foot comes because people buy the wrong shoe size. Go take this extra step and you'll not be disappointed.

•  

i'll second what most people have said.  countor casuals for a spikeless choice and Sports or Icons for spiked.  and if you look, you can find some deals out there.  a lot of icons are out there around $100.

• 1130 points

i love my dryjoys. but you cant go wrong with anything FJ.

•  

Welcome to the FJC Steve.    As you can read above, there is never a shortage of shoe options with Footjoy.   You can't go wrong with M Projects and Contours.  Enjoy the Community.

•  

stevebert2714,

Welcome to FJ community!

If you like spikeless with great look, comfort, and style, try the MyJoys ICONs.  It's nice for office work, and can be ready for course/play on the fly.  Great walking shoes.

Sports and M Projects spikeless has more traction than Professional Icons and they are much lighter-- they are an amazing walking shoes.  I'm in BOA Sport at times.

I also walk most my rounds, ICONs are great walking shoes-- very solid!

Good luck on the purchase.

No'l

•  

T-Bone

I am sure you will get  a ton of different answers to your question. I would say that the best choice would depend on several different things. What is your budget? There are a ton of Icon fans on here but paying $200+ for a pair of golf shoes isn't for everybody. However, it is a great shoe and there are a ton of different styles and color combinations. The M Project is a solid choice if you are looking for something lightweight and with little structure. Ultimately, it depends on you. I would say go and get fitted for them and try on several different styles.

Sorry for not actually answering your question and welcome to the forum!

Great answer. Try on lots of great footjoy styles and pick yours. I personally am a Dryjoys Tour guy.I have flat feet and I feel like the tour fit my perfectly  Everybody is different though. Good luck and Welcome to the community :)