FJ CLASSICS

FJ CLASSICS

• 111 points

What was the last year FJ Classics had 12 spikes on the bottom?

•  

I think you need to go back pretty far -  my oldest pair  - style 51498 has 11 spikes.

•  

As far back as I can remember (which is quite a while) they only had 11 spikes.

•  

I don't think they ever had 12, I remember buying replacement spikes and only needing 22. That goes back over 40 years anyway.

•  

I've got to agree with NCBob, CROCMAN, and Hokies.  I do not recall any golf shoe, FJ or other, with more than 11 spikes:  4 on the heel and seven on the forefoot.  I'll even stretch the time frame back to the late 60's.  Of course, it's possible that there was/is an unusual maker out there that uses 12 spikes/cleats, but I'm not aware of any.

• 4647 points

Didn't Ben Hogan have a custom shoe made in England that had an extra spike? Not sure if an extra spike meant there were twelve or not, but I recall reading about Mr. Hogan's preference for an added spike once...

•  

pulplvr
    I've got to agree with NCBob, CROCMAN, and Hokies.  I do not recall any golf shoe, FJ or other, with more than 11 spikes:  4 on the heel and seven on the forefoot.  I'll even stretch the time frame back to the late 60's.  Of course, it's possible that there was/is an unusual maker out there that uses 12 spikes/cleats, but I'm not aware of any.

There is actually a pair of exotics (lizard skin) on eBay right now that has twelve...4 on the heel and 8 at the forefoot.  Doesn't say what year, but they certainly did make them with 12 at some point.

• 1195 points

My 59819's have twelve. If my memory is right they were purchased about 1998.