Golf Shoe Spikes

Golf Shoe Spikes

• 781 points

Hi,

Can anyone give me advice for any better or stronger spikes out there.  Currently, I am using the Stinger Champ Spikes pictured above, but these don't last to long.  The spikes end up flattened by the 3rd or 4th round.  It's not because I'm heavy, I walk on mostly on grass, but there are paths where I need to push my golf cart on which is asphalt.  I end up buying new spikes like every other month, if I want better traction.

Help!!!

• 2781 points

I always found that Champ spikes were the best in every category.  Take a look at their new Zarma spikes I think they are supposed to be a bit stronger.

• 420 points

I've always used the stingers in my shoes and get at least 20 rounds in before they even start to get flattened out I can't think of a stronger spike they are way tougher than anything else out there.

•  

I'm now using Champ Stinger and believe they are the best. In the past I used the Black Widow Tour (Softspikes), that are harder and are traction adjustable. It could be a good option for you.

•  

i like the softspikes cyclone spikes on my shoes

•  

I've used lots of different spikes over the years, but am finding I like the Champs best.  The newer SofSpike Cyclones that come with the DJ Tours are good, but I have experienced a lot of ends breaking off after a round or two.  usually, I just keep on playing as a missing tine or two does not seem to make a truly significant difference in my traction.  I have also found that even though the tines on the Stingers wear down, I still have traction as well.  I just think they give me better traction for longer.

•  

I also use the stinger,  where is the wear starting? Could be an indication of how you walk that is causing the problem.

•  

I prefer the spikes that are in the XPS's.  Not sure what their name is, maybe Devin or FJ support can add.

•  

BostonBuzza
    I prefer the spikes that are in the XPS's.  Not sure what their name is, maybe Devin or FJ support can add.

Same as the DJT - Cyclones by SoftSpikes

•  

I knew you would be able to count on Devin.  He is all over this site.  Much appreciated, I enjoy the education process on the site.

•  

Hacker

A couples questions.... What spikes do you prefer that do not wear as much as the Stingers? The Black Widows, which have a lot more grip when new, are really prone to wear quickly based on their overall design. Those spider "legs" just flatten out and lose grip pretty quickly, plus they are a bit@# to keep clean.

As for Champs, I have used them a LONG time in all of my Icons, and find that I can replace them once a year without an issue. That said, I have multiple pairs of shoes that I rotate through.

Perhaps that is another question; how many pairs of shoes do you use? It should certainly be more than one in order to prolong the life of said shoe and spike.

Hope this is of use and welcome to the site.

•  

Cyclones by SoftSpikes that are in the XPS'1 have seemed to last longer than the Stingers, may want to give those a try. TH hit the nail on the head for the black widows, my main issue with them is if it is wet out they clump up very fast and basically become useless. Rotaion of a few pairs of shoes helps a ton with spike wear also. Welcome to the site.

•  

I'm surprised to see that your stingers are wearing out. I have those in all of my icons and just love them. I think they're the best spikes  on the market. I find the cyclones in my dry joy tours wear out way faster than the stingers do.

•  

joshgiano
    I'm surprised to see that your stingers are wearing out. I have those in all of my icons and just love them. I think they're the best spikes  on the market. I find the cyclones in my dry joy tours wear out way faster than the stingers do.

Going to have to agree with Josh on this one.  I have 2 pairs of DJTs and 8 pairs of Icons.  The Stingers seem to hold up better for me.  I think it comes down to rotating shoes and you'll get better "wear" from your spikes.

•  

My Stingers usually last close to 20 rounds before I have to replace them. And I walk almost all the time. Maybe you can move them to a different spot on the shoe, since some of your spikes should not be wearing down as much as others. Good luck.