FJ Shoe Lasts

FJ Shoe Lasts

• 5674 points

FootJoy offers something like 10 different lasts to accommodate different foot sizes  - Anyone know what last is used for ICONs, XPS-1s and DryJoys?

•  

The ICONs are built on the ICON last,  XPS on the Laser Plus Last, DryJoy Tour on the Laser Plus Last also.  Hope this helps.

•  

It seems the differences in the lasts are not as wide as they used to be....when FJ went to the ICON and moved aways from all the old lasts used with the Classics ... Good question none the less!

•  

Bobby, you have to be one of the top in advice in the shoe catagory.  Does the FJ team consult with you from time to time?

•  

Such a wealth of knowledge....I forsee a FJ Shoe Blog in your future....lol

Go Hokies
    The ICONs are built on the ICON last,  XPS on the Laser Plus Last, DryJoy Tour on the Laser Plus Last also.  Hope this helps.

• 5674 points

Here's another question: Where would one go to figure out which last is the best for your foot? The iconic Brannock device does a wonderful job measuring length of foot and width. But lasts vary to accommodate foot volumes, i.e., high arch, low arch thickness of feet, etc...I suppose one could go to the store and try on a bunch of FJ models until you found the closest fit, but I am wondering if there is another avenue to this aspect of shoe fitting...

Anyone have any insights on this process?

•  

That information was pretty easy to come by.  I have a catalog.

•  

Go Hokies

It's also all on the website. All you have to do is look.

•  

Go Hokies

And more shoes than most FJ employees.... combined

•  

Knowing where to get the information or just plain knowing it exudes a "true" FJ Ambassador.

• 5674 points

Thought for Foot Joy: True enough,you can go to the web site or catalog for descriptions of each she style, the last used in building it, colors, etc..But you don't really have any way of knowing which last id right for your foot beyond trying on different styles in the store until you find the "right" one. How about devising an fitting application (within stores or preferably some downloadable application)  that will "analyze a player's foot  and "recommend" the appropriate last and corresponding shoe style(s)? This would be a very cool way to bring "customized shoe fitting" to the masses!  Assured of a perfect fit, more people will buy FJ shoes - Make that process something you can do at home, you are hitting the growing sweet spot of retailing - ecommerce!!

•  

pistolpete
    FootJoy offers something like 10 different lasts to accommodate different foot sizes  - Anyone know what last is used for ICONs, XPS-1s and DryJoys?

The different lasts can mean a huge difference in size - please be certain to try them on before you buy.