spikes keep on falling out

spikes keep on falling out

• 8 points

Hi, one of my spikes is constantly falling out. I lost one during practice and when I tried to replace it, the new ones keep on falling out. any solution? (golf shoes 6 months old)

Thanks!

•  

What model of shoe are you referring to? What type of spikes are you using?

•  

What model of shoe and what type of spikes are you using?

•  

Under regular conditions, it is necessary to make an extra 1/4 to 1/2 twist to "lock" the spike into the Twist-Lock. Also, as a regular practice, perform an inspection of the spikes for looseness or wear prior to the round.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii
    Under regular conditions, it is necessary to make an extra 1/4 to 1/2 twist to "lock" the spike into the Twist-Lock. Also, as a regular practice, perform an inspection of the spikes for looseness or wear prior to the round.

-ICONs for ALL

these are definitely good tips that should be followed, however, with the quality of FJ, i would expect to not have to do this.

• 8 points

I'm golfing with a footjoy AQL shoe (6 months now) and it were the spikes of footjoy itself that fell off. The new ones I tried to attach were ones that I bought in the golf club with a T logo. (forgot the name ;) ) So now one shoe missing 1 spike as a spike cannot be screwed in. Any solutions? Great shoes apart from that ;-)

•  

Not familiar with the AQL shoe. Is there another name for the shoe?? nd if so, a picture of the spike that you have in the shoes currently and a picture of the shoe bottom would be a great help

• 2947 points

The AQL's are European and have Champ Stingers. Check the sole to see if maybe a small pebble or some other debris is keeping the spike from completely turning and locking: also try blowing it out with compressed air. If that doesn't work, take them back to where you bought them, or contact FootJoy directly. Good Luck.

• 335 points

Spot on......

•  

tdogg21
    thomas alston iiiUnder regular conditions, it is necessary to make an extra 1/4 to 1/2 twist to "lock" the spike into the Twist-Lock. Also, as a regular practice, perform an inspection of the spikes for looseness or wear prior to the round.

-ICONs for ALL

these are definitely good tips that should be followed, however, with the quality of FJ, i would expect to not have to do this.

These are fundamentals of equipment inspection for safety and performance.The known characteristic of the FootJoy Brand quality is not in question but, doing these "tips" may improve the quality of your golf experience irrespective of equipment manufacturer for your and others safety.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

tdogg21
    thomas alston iiiUnder regular conditions, it is necessary to make an extra 1/4 to 1/2 twist to "lock" the spike into the Twist-Lock. Also, as a regular practice, perform an inspection of the spikes for looseness or wear prior to the round.

-ICONs for ALL

These are fundamentals of equipment inspection for safety and performance.The known characteristic of the FootJoy Brand quality is not in question but, doing these "tips" may improve the quality of your golf experience irrespective of equipment manufacturer for your and others safety.

-ICONs for ALL