Foot Joy Classic banner

Foot Joy Classic banner

•  

Here is a picture of the banner showing some of the steps on how the classics were constructed.  interesting to know that there really were 164 individual steps to bringing these classic beauties to life.  Just thought I would share..

• 5542 points

Why did FJ stop offering the Classics line? I think of these shoes as beautiful works of art! These were gorgeously constructed! Well worth the retail price..

•  

"Classic"

I would actually like to see the "new" construction process. While I'm certain it's been reduced from 164 steps, the message is certainly the same..... The product is superior in every way to any other product on the market!

•  

pistolpete
    Why did FJ stop offering the Classics line? I think of these shoes as beautiful works of art! These were gorgeously constructed! Well worth the retail price..

I always defer to our President on this one ... www.footjoy.com/.../fj-classics-update-from-jim-connor.aspx

•  

Great shoe, may it rest in peace :(

•  

Devin, thank you for sharing that article.  I had not seen that before and it really demonstrates how difficult of a decision it must have been.  Non the less FJ remains #1 across the indsutry regardless of the level of player and that must stand for something.

•  

Whoa.....

I am looking at Brian's post and reflecting, but not wishing the Classic comes back. I remember when Mr Connor sent the letter discussing the transition to the "new." Seeing this banner helps us all see how the FJ shoes were best in class.

They still are, and if anyone looks through the archives they'll see the multitudes of folks here who are 100% committed to the Icon, XPS, Sport, and other footwear. I still own Classics, and wear them. But I LOVE my Icons. The improvements are a quantum step above the Classic in every way.

So yes, let's reflect and even look at that amazing 164 steps. The new Icon still wins hands down....

•  

Randy, very well stated my friend. I completely agree!

•  

The Classics were great shoes, the best looking shoe on the market at the time. But, you really could not wear them in the rain or even a heavy dew in the morning. They would get so wet and heavy, then take forever to dry out. After that you had to take extra care to keep the leather supple.  The new materials are such an advancement and the great look has not suffered but rather has flourished.