Forums

ICON's With Shorts

• 579 points

Will some of the icon models not look that good with shorts on?

•  

I think will depend on your personal preference.  I know in my mind, some of my shoes look goofy with shorts, while others can wear the same shoes and look great.  It all depends on what you think.  I haven't seen a pair of ICONs yet that I wouldn't pair with shorts.

Tim

•  

All of the styles that I like will work with shorts, at least in my mind. Hopefully Mr Style won't report me!

•  

as long as you think it looks good and are confident in the shoe/short choice you will look fine. When you are uncomfortable with what you are wearing, that is when it looks wrong. I agree with tim6918, ICONs look good with anything.

•  

7D2

Will some of the icon models not look that good with shorts on?

I wouldn't throw a couple styles with shorts, especially the more "traditional" set.  All the others would probably be OK, but then again, like said earlier, it's all in the eye of the beholder.  As long as you feel comfortable, then who really cares.

I think I will wear a pair of those all purpose boots that were blogged about earlier this month with a pair of nice tartan shorts! Just kidding...

• 1033 points

Here in Texas, this is a moot discussion, because the only people who wear pants to a golf course between May and October are the ones looking for a quick trip in to the land of heat stroke.  Hell, I feel bad for the pros when they come here to play the Byron Nelson and The Colonial--they can't be comfortable. 

• 4775 points

I don't think that 52104 and 52112 will work with shorts.

•  

It's all about your personal preference.   There are probably a few "classier" looking styles that I wouldn't wear with shorts, but to each his own.

•  

jas904

I don't think that 52104 and 52112 will work with shorts.

I have a friend who has some Classics very similar to the 112s and he always wears black shorts with them, they look pretty sharp.  The 104s....im not sure about them with shorts :)

•  

Hell I saw Ian Poulter in some purple traditional icons with some tartan shorts a couple weeks ago... I guess for me, certain ones won't work, but if you like it, who cares.  I think a couple styles look like they should only be worn with pants, but with the correct shorts or outfit, anything will work with shorts.

•  

I think it truly depends on the player ... some people can make just about anything work =)  

With shorts, the traditional (e.g. 52005) is just a staple and I really like the new sport saddle (e.g. 52070).  I'd also have no problem rocking the sport saddle with BOA either.

Here's where for me 'it depends'.  I would have no problem with an all white shield tip (52096) or asymmetrical (52138) with shorts, but I would have to save contrasting colors in our shield tip (e.g. 52112) and asymmetrical (e.g. 52146) for pant days.

•  

I probably wouldn't do the sheild tips w/ shorts, but knowing my track record, I'll end up with a pair and won't be able to resist!  Anything can work, just go with it!

•  

I like the Icon's with shorts but only in sold colors or with small accents....

IMHO

•  

I will agree with Memphis, if you feel comfortable enough to wear them with shorts than I'm sure they will be fine.

There are obviously some "nicer" / "professional" looking styles that might look a bit awkward with shorts but if you are comfortable than there is nothing wrong.

•  

shaun13

as long as you think it looks good and are confident in the shoe/short choice you will look fine. When you are uncomfortable with what you are wearing, that is when it looks wrong. I agree with tim6918, ICONs look good with anything.

+1