Forums

Classics to Icons...

• 3627 points

I miss the classics!!!!

•  

EBay my friend is your only option. They now rest with the fishes and the Edsels.....

•  

So -  me thinks I have 23 Edsels in my collection -  really need to find someone that is our size Randy.

•  

Tar Heel
    Icon definition- "An important and enduring symbol." That is of course second after you migrate through all the religious iconography and definitions.

The "Icon" shoe came in to be additive to the Classics and Classics Premier line up. Change is inevitable, and if you don't change, you die. I still have many pairs of the Classics, each with craftsmanship that rivals the finest footwear in the world. But in today's world, completely unaffordable and totally unsustainable for the industry.

For those of us here who have worn both ranges of shoes, while we love and still cherish our Classics, we would never for a minute stop wearing our new Icons, because the new is simply more comfortable with much higher performance levels. Period.

Classics were. Icons are.

Randy, you surmised it better than any of us could. Like you, I have both and the ICON is a better product.

•  

Well said Pistol...Still, I'm curious what ICONS would cost if made in the USA?

•  

fredcloss
    Well said Pistol...Still, I'm curious what ICONS would cost if made in the USA?

Too much to be profitable...

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    We are after all a business!

What??  Your not a charity that gives products to us for free?????????

I'm outta here.

TT

•  

We could all go back to gutta percha balls and persimmon headed drivers with steel shafts. Or we could embrace the advent of technology and come to the conclusion that the Classic was a great shoe in it's day but it just does not compare to the ICON.

•  

Here endeth the Icon v Classic lesson as told by Dr. 19....

Play on!

•  

I played today with a 68 year old who wore FJ Classics purchased in Aug 1985.  They looked brand new--and he even had a matching belt!  The shoes (shield tips) were a medium brown with croc? tips and saddles.  Of course, he told me he only wears them when there is no possibility of moisture on the course.  If I had had a camera with me, I'd have taken a photo for everyone.

• 506 points

If anyone's got 11E Classics to move, let me know.

Thanks.

WW

• 370 points

I am fortunate enough to have a pair of icons. I love them. I wonder if it's ever been considered to put a slot in the tongue similar to other models? My tongue is always slipping one way or another regardless of how tight I tie my shoes. Regardless though, Footjoy is the only thing that touches my feet. P.S. Need more models of non-spikeless to wear out, to work, and things of that nature.

•  

Schultzy
    I am fortunate enough to have a pair of icons. I love them. I wonder if it's ever been considered to put a slot in the tongue similar to other models? My tongue is always slipping one way or another regardless of how tight I tie my shoes. Regardless though, Footjoy is the only thing that touches my feet. P.S. Need more models of non-spikeless to wear out, to work, and things of that nature.

We have FJ Professionals, a spikeless model in MyJoys. Many more spikeless options will be added this summer as well.  

The tongue issue I have never encountered, I will see what Customer Service has to say on the matter.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    SchultzyI am fortunate enough to have a pair of icons. I love them. I wonder if it's ever been considered to put a slot in the tongue similar to other models? My tongue is always slipping one way or another regardless of how tight I tie my shoes. Regardless though, Footjoy is the only thing that touches my feet. P.S. Need more models of non-spikeless to wear out, to work, and things of that nature.

We have FJ Professionals, a spikeless model in MyJoys. Many more spikeless options will be added this summer as well.  

The tongue issue I have never encountered, I will see what Customer Service has to say on the matter.

More spikeless professionals coming???  :-)  FINALLY!  I'm in need of some new work shoes!

•  

Devin,

We talked about this last fall in Brockton. They have heard about the tongue moving but didn't know what if anything they would do. I have actually stitched the tongues of a few pait of shoes to stop this from happening.