Forums

Shoe comparison suggestion

•  

For any of you guys that walk 18 quite a bit, it would be nice to get a comparison going for all of the FJ models.  For example, how does the ICON stack up against the Classic or Contour models for walking comfort? 

I know we could go and read the reviews, but it would be nice to have aggregated responses that ranked the shoes on one chart.  Just a thought.   I know that for some higher-end (nicer looking shoes) there is a little bit of a breaking in period, which is fine, but it would be nice to know that on the front end.  I've also worn some shoes that I can pull straight out of the box and walk 18.  However, they may not be as durable, but sometimes you get what you pay for. 

•  

Great idea! I will start to keep notes and when I have enough data I will put a chart together and try to keep it updated. I have quite a few pair of Classic Dry Premiers, 2 pair of Contours and my new Icons are on the way.

•  

19hole - I was thinking some side by side comparsion factors like: (1) break-in time; (2) longevity; (3) comfort; , etc.  We all know that FJ shoes are great, but some (like Classics) may have a longer "breaking in" period.  On the flip side, Classics will typically last longer than other models.

•  

My Classics took about 5 rounds to "get comfortable" to walk in. Since I don't have any Icons yet, I'm sorry that I can't state any facts. And I know that no one wants to hear about that product with "3 stripes."

•  

Tar Heel

My Classics took about 5 rounds to "get comfortable" to walk in. Since I don't have any Icons yet, I'm sorry that I can't state any facts. And I know that no one wants to hear about that product with "3 stripes."

It took me 2-3 rounds to break in my classics.  I would say they are not the most comfortable shoe I have walked in but they are ranked near the top.  I have yet to get a hold of any ICONs so I have nothing to compare them to, but I will write a review when I do get a pair in.

Tim