Forums

jott

• 5 points

I am having trouble getting the cleats out of my fj icons.  Suggestions

•  

Start with a good spike wrench, so it can grip the spike, if you are having a problem push down hard as you twist. If the spike is ripping there are a few other ways to get it out.  Give us a little more info. If you could describe what is happening it would give us an idea on what you might need.

•  

Welcome to the Community !

•  

do what NCBob said or take it to golfsmith or golfgalaxy or if you belong to a country club take them there and they can take care of it

•  

needle nose pliers work if you can get a hold of something.

•  

I agree with NCBob on this one.  When I have had difficulty with removing the cleats, I've found a couple of things that work.  First, make sure the spike wrench holes are clean--no dirt or junk in them, so your wrench can get a good grip.  If they are and you still can't turn the cleat, try lift in on one of the tips with needle nose pliers while attempting to turn the wrench.  If they are still stubborn, drop a little oil onto the cleat and wait a couple of hours for that to loosen the clogged dirt.  Then go back at it.  It may take a while, but I've had good luck following this routine.

•  

You've been getting some good suggestions.  A couple of companies make a removal tool with gripping teeth.  This tool should work if you are still having problems using the typical (2 Prong) tool.

•  

Have had quite a few *@!x@x (expletive deleted) times struggling to remove spikes before.

"patience is the key"

OZ-Crocman