Forums

Shoe Bags & Shoe Horns

•  

Starting in April this year, I have bought some really terrific FootJoy pairs of shoes.  It all started out with a Contour Casual, followed by two Icons- an Asym and a wave from close outs.  Then a MyJoys, and last week I just received my black pro spikeless.  In a couple weeks a MyJoys spikeless should be by my doorstep that I'm so excited about.

Forgive my ignorance, but I would like to know from the FJCommunity or from the FJStaff if the Shoe Bags & Shoe Horns are part of the purchase.  In the past, it has always been a part.  

Anyway, two of my Icons came with a bag but only one of them with a shoe horn.  (surprised.)

I care for these shoes so much, I take good care of all of them as much as I could.  I keep them all in their bags, then in to their shoe box they go.  

The shoe horns, I always keep them in its bag/box, and I always use them.  I never slip in and force my heel in it to put them on.

I also like to keep them this way so when I take a pair or a couple of pairs I'd like to be in, I don't have to think of grabbing a shoe horn from another bag/box for a weekend.  

Lately, I have been taking little trips in the Coachella Valley, back to Palmdale area, and just recently up in Central California for golf-- and boy the weather has been cooperating!  I took with me two Icons in a bag for the Central Cali trip and no shoe horn-- I was livid for not bringing at least one.

The FJ pro spikeless I just got that, and I'm in it today. . . it did not come with a bag and and a shoe horn either.

I just want to know , but I have a feeling the bags and shoe horn is probably an extra. . . and if it is, I may have been missing to click a check box or something to include them.  Are they now sold separately?

Help?

•  

Good question? I don't think I have any shoe horns come  in my FJ shoe boxes.

•  

Early versions of ICONs had a shoe horn and a shoe cloth -  next version had shoe horns and bags -  I don't think the recent ones have had horns or bags -  I guess I can go check my last pair of MyJoy ICONs to see (just checked - no horn or bag).

•  

I was afraid you wouldn't find it either.  (sigh)

•  

Nope... No FJ bag or shoe horn any longer. And no more cloth like in the Gen 1 Icons either. Remember those Bobby? They were great for wiping down the shoe apres round.

•  

Tar Heel
    Nope... No FJ bag or shoe horn any longer. And no more cloth like in the Gen 1 Icons either. Remember those Bobby? They were great for wiping down the shoe apres round.

Yeah, I wish FJ still had it.  It would make it very convenient each time . . . for me, anyway.  Did you guys appreciate those cloths/bags/shoehorns?

What do you guys do now without them?

•  

Anyway, thanks guys, the two FJ Icon idol of mine for responding.  I wish we could hear from the staff and find out what the scoop is in all of these. . . I mean for my self if you guys already know it.

Thanks.

•  

Yes, it's a real shame there is no shoe horn and bag. I've just acquired a pair of my joys in blue, I shall be posting later TH, and there was no bag or shoe horn. I spent a minute searching for it as the previous green and purple icons came with one and I use them both all the time. If they do not come for free could this be an optional extra when we place the order I wonder?

•  

Shoe horns with FJ logo is 2.99

Shoe bag is 17

not too bad

•  

i picked up the delux shoe bag a couple years ago.  so much easier now to get my shoes to and from the course.  i just put the shoes i'm going to wear a pair of socks in the bag the night before and i know i'm ready!

•  

Sad to see the demise of the shoehorn and the shoebag.

Pretty sure the Pyramids I bought last didn't have them but think I just thought it was perhaps an oversight but alas appears not.

Lucky I have about 3 or 4 of each so not so bad, but not sure why they would stop including them.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I have not seen the shoe horns in the retail market.  Are they custom ordered or on the racks?  Also, anyone know a retailer in the RI or MA that sells them?  At $2.99, I believe that shipping would probably be 3X the price of the item to have something mailed...

•  

tdogg21
    i picked up the delux shoe bag a couple years ago.  so much easier now to get my shoes to and from the course.  i just put the shoes i'm going to wear a pair of socks in the bag the night before and i know i'm ready!

I have that shoe bag as well and do the same thing you do.  I also put a shoe horn in the zippered pocket in the main part of the bag so I always have a shoe horn for use.  I hate that the ICONs don't come with the shoe horns anymore, but thankfully I still have a few extras in case I break a few accidentally.

•  

I went to my local GC and picked up a FJ shoe horn (I keep it in the deluxe shoe bag zippered compartment).

-ICONs for ALL

•  

ToddL
    I have not seen the shoe horns in the retail market.  Are they custom ordered or on the racks?  Also, anyone know a retailer in the RI or MA that sells them?  At $2.99, I believe that shipping would probably be 3X the price of the item to have something mailed...

you're right.  that's what keeps me from buying a lot of the "little" things.  i hate buying something for a dollar and paying $5 shipping.  just doesn't feel right.