Forums

New FJ Sport

• 210 points

I just ordered a pair of FJ Sports from a local club. I'm not sure if they are going to be the new model or the older one. Has anyone had experience with either one or both? I haven't tried them on so I am curious if they are going to live up to all the hype. Any comments?

•  

Tjones...

In your 2 posts you have mentioned ordering at a "local club," which I assume to mean golf club. Did they have other FJ models to try on? That would give you an indication of fit. Most sizes run true.

As for the Sport models, I am assuming that your club ordered a style number. Look that number up on line and that is what you will get. Each shoe has it's own number, so it's pretty easy to figure out.

•  

Hey Tjones, welcome to the FJC.

I really like to look on the new FJ Sport and prefer this look to the original.

Having said that I am a diehard Icon fan but have only heard good reports about both versions of the FJSport and you certainly came to the right place for comments and reviews.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I have  2 pair of the older model FJ Sports.  Very stabile and comfortable.  Good choice.  Enjoy them!!

•  

I tried the new Sport models in the Shoe Box at FJ in Brockton.  They were very nice shoes.  Will probably try and pick up a pair.

TT

•  

I like them a lot..I have 2 pair and they seem to keep their shape and support very well...

•  

I like them a lot..I have 2 pair and they seem to keep their shape and support very well...

• 440 points

I've worn the Sports for several years, they are comfortable and durable, after almost 3 years they are finally starting to leak. I'm not hard on my shoes but I don't baby them either. They are the best I've worn and I've worn Classics, Ecco, and adidas. I am interested in trying on the new low profile sport.

•  

haven't tried the current sports, but got to try the new ones at the Shoe Box in Brockton and loved them!  definitely going to picking up a pair next year some time.  would be a great shoe for a walking round.

•  

Sports are a great shoe - light with lots of traction. Budget golf has a deal for $65 on the BOA model. www.budgetgolf.com/FootJoy_BOA_FJ_Sport_White_2012-ep.html

•  

fredcloss
    Sports are a great shoe - light with lots of traction. Budget golf has a deal for $65 on the BOA model. www.budgetgolf.com/FootJoy_BOA_FJ_Sport_White_2012-ep.html

WoW what a deal. gonna have to consider a pair at that price.

• 319 points

I haven't seen the new FJ sports in person, they sort of look almost bootish to me.  Anyone else think that?  I have some of the old FJ Sports and love them.  Also looking into the new FJ Sport spikeless.

•  

I have the new ones thanks to FJ.  I will upload a pic tomorrow.

•  

Here is the pic of the FJ Sport BOA.

•  

That pair of Sports looks great!