Forums

Love to get some opinions on a new shoe purchase.

•  

good choice acmagaha, make sure and post some pics when you get them :)

• 384 points

Update: I am still waiting for the new Sports I ordered to arrive - it will be after the 1st I'm sure. Yesterday, I finally found a pair of size 13 while visiting a friend in Louisville, KY at Golf Headquarters. I am almost speechless at the difference in support, traction, and comfort. Unbelievable!! Thanks to everyone for the advice.

• 384 points

Here they are...

• 384 points

Those are AWESOME love how the Black at the heel is kind of striped instead of solid. How did you get monogram?  MyJoys?

•  

acmcgaha

Here they are...

nice shoes :)

•  
    What monogram?
    • 384 points

On the pic that Deno posted. They are monogrammed in the back.
    • 2377 points

Just ordered a new pair of Dry Joy Tours from my proshop -- white/ white lizard saddles.  Hope to get them next week.  

• 942 points

I also enjoyed the Reel Fit (still have a pair), and my DryJoy have stood the test of time both in endurance, and looks. I have tryed the XPS-1, and the Comfort/ Foudation is hard to beat. However the pair (XPS-1) I tired failed the test of holding up.. they broke down within a couple of months. It could be they were just a bad pair it happens with any product.

I am also a converted three striper... Adidas is a fine shoe I wore mostly Tour 360 PowerBand (I still have a few pair). Compared to footjoy they lack the comfort I enjoy with footjoy's. Still a decent shoe.

The Golf industry has several good manufactures and of them all I find it hard to beat Footjoy when it comes to Shoes. Good luck with your choice. I would be interested in what you try..

Also I have a friend that is strickly FJ Classic, he will never change. Of course he is a ol' goat that has been in the industry for longer than dirt. It was an honor the other day he gave me his money clip that he recieved from USGA about 50 years ago for his contributions to the game of Golf. A big suprise for me.

A little off topic but I thought of him and his love for the FJ Classic. I was showing him my XPS-1.. he told me to find a pair of Classics. I don't even know if FJ still makes them.. a good question for me to ask the forum.

•  

FootJoy does not make the Classics any more, but you can find them for sale on eBay all the time.

You might try some Icons on for size, they are a good alternative for Classics.

• 942 points

Thanks, currently I am trying some comfort. They have some positive mainly they do not collect a lot of mud during the damp days, or early morning due,, I have only worn them a couple of rounds, but so far so good... and then I am thinking icon. Maybe another effort with the XPS-1

Appreciate the input

• 384 points

So, I have now purchased the graphite colored 2012 FJSports.  I found a pair of 13's at Prairie Landing Golf Club in West Chicago when i was at the RC.  That will make 3 pair of new FJSports when I get my 2013 models in the next week or so.  Don't tell my wife :)

•  

I I have been a die hard Classic /Icon fan, but I was able to try the XPS1  at FJ last week. What a shoe! Love the support, comfort and look, will have to re think next purchase!

Either way you can't go wrong!

• 942 points

golferdrmjr

Interesting looking shoes you have.. are they the classic?

•  

Senior_Golfer

golferdrmjr

Interesting looking shoes you have.. are they the classic?

No, they are Icons from the MyJoys program. While I have two pair of Classics Dry Premiers and two pairs of Classics Tours, the Icons are just a better shoe to walk and play golf in. I love the style of the Icons, so many choices, from mild to wild. The Icons in my avatar are Lilac Lizard and Purple shield tips. Here's a bigger picture.

Many of us are hoping for an ostrich print in the near future for the MyJoys program. Something like my Classics.

I hope it happens someday.