Forums

BOA Lacing System

• 34 points

I have been looking at the FJ with the BOA system but I can't bring myself to buying a pair. I'm curious as to what you users feel the pros and cons are of this system and do the pros out weigh the cons? Would you buy them again?

• 2860 points

I played a few months ago with a man who couldn't stop talking about what a great system it is. The man and his wife had never found golf shoes that were comfortable because there feet had unusual contours.  This guy said the BOA was so great he could wear them all day in comfort.

•  

zacho

I played a few months ago with a man who couldn't stop talking about what a great system it is. The man and his wife had never found golf shoes that were comfortable because there feet had unusual contours.  This guy said the BOA was so great he could wear them all day in comfort.

This has been my experience , every person I have played who wear's them loves and swears by them. I still wear laces though

• 3506 points

I own a pair of the FJ 56048 (XPS BOA).  I will be the first person to tell you that the BOA's have a LOT more pros than cons, Like the Green Bay Packers have WAY more Championships than the Vikings. The intial pro is with the BOA technology, you never have to tie your shoes! My feet stay secured throughout the whole round of golf and I will loosen at the turn just to re-tighten for no reason.  Not that I need to whatsoever.  But that's neither here nor there. I tend to swing violently (looks like a scene out of Freddy v Jason) and I feel confident that the BOA lacing shoes are helping in my stability across my entire foot. Plus, these things are dang near indistructable. On a very rare blue moon, if one does happen to lose character and malfunction, FJ's customer service team knows how to handle the situation with the upmost professionalism and diligence.

I'm not hating on old school laces, but my man, give the BOA's a shot and you'll never look back!

• 34 points

Thanks for your comments,

•  

I have both ICON BOA and XPS-1 BOA...total about 5 pair and I will never wear non-BOA again if I can help it...I still love shield tip ICON's LOL!

When I first saw them I thought they were a gimmick but they feel great and keep your foot comfortably in place the entire round!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask...they are awesome. Period!

•  

great info Chris...i've been reluctant to break out my BOA XPS-1's because I see them online everywhere being closed out.

I've got 2 other XPS-1's that I'm wearing and are comfortable as heck...been thinking of returning the BOA's to get some of the newer color options but after reading your post may have to consider breaking them out.

• 542 points

Although I havnt tried them firsthand my dad had a pair of BOA icons for a year and a half and at first he loved the boa system because of its simplicity  and consistent tightness.  Thought after many months of use they began to tighten up a little.  Hope this helps