Keeping it clean?

After each wear, I place the shoe trees back in the shoes, wipe them down, then use Meguiar's Leather Cleaner to clean them.  After cleaning, I apply Meguiar's Leather Conditioner followed by some buffing...keeps my FJs looking new and protects the leather.

Ditto GT.... You must get shoe trees clean them off with a leather conditioner, I use Armoral , then I store them in proper shoe bags.

By accident, I used a wet/damp microfiber towel to wipe off my shoes recently. The fabric really wiped out the black "scuff" marks with out any damage to the shoe. I now wipe off my shoes with a microfiber towel as soon as I get home.

Still, as Tar Heel said, saddle soap is best for leather and does a great job of cleaning a shoe that's been needing a bath for some time. If you have an old pair that's stiff, use liberal amounts of saddle soap and watch the leather recover.

Whats the best way that the footboy community has found to keep your new footboys clean? I have a pair of Dry Joys and they just don't look like they used too. The toes on them are beat up and scuff beyond help. Looking into a new pair and want to make them last as long as I can.

If Randy has posted on this yet pay close attention to his detail...he by far has the best insight on this post.

As for me I use warm water and a soft brush with dish detergent (usually Dawn) and lightly scrub away the dirt and debris...towel dry, put shoe trees back in and than treat with leather protectant.

• 562 points

If you use shoe trees and give them a quick wipe after use they will stay in great shape for a while and it only takes a couple of minutes