Forums

Shoe slippage

•  
    In terms of Icons what does heel slippage represent?
  •  

To me, it's the upward movement you feel in some shoes, even when laced tightly. The ICON's design prevents this better than any shoe I've worn. I can feel some slight slippage in my DryJoy Tour and FJ Sport shoes, but zip-zero-nada in my ICONs.

•  
    A loose shoe...... You either have a wrong size or need to snug them up a bit.
  •  

Yeah, think I may drop a 1/2 size to a 10!

•  

Todd, check your size with a brannock (check spelling too) device but note that some socks are more prone to slipping as well.

•  
    Funny you say that Fred, went to Golf Mart last weekend and the guy was lost! He told me I was a 9, ain't no way in Haddes in a 9!
  •  

TNT009
    In terms of Icons what does heel slippage represent?

you think maybe you need to step in a "narrow(er)" fit?

•  

I have had this same problem in a few pair of my ICON's in prior years until I went via Myjoys and went to a more narrow shoe.  That solved the problem! FWIW, I went from a 14M to a 14N which was all that was needed.  Hope that helps!

•  

Chris92009

I have had this same problem in a few pair of my ICON's in prior years until I went via Myjoys and went to a more narrow shoe.  That solved the problem! FWIW, I went from a 14M to a 14N which was all that was needed.  Hope that helps!

Forgot to mention in my last post that the BOA Lacing system also helps prevent ANY slippage and is fantastic!  I have three pair of shoes in 14M (which slip when I use traditional laces) but with BOA my heel stays anchored nicely!

•  

I have the same problem and went to local FJ dealer for fitting: 10N. Now have moved from 10M to 10N when purchasing ICONs (and the BOA lacing is the best as it also tightens at the heal area.)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

i say if the size isnt the problem just put some new spikes in them and give it a try

• 8 points

I recently picked up a pair of FJ Sport with the BOA lacing, and they didn't fit as secure as I thought they might.  I think it is due to the BOA system needing another lace up closer to the top of the tongue.  Has anyone else thought that?

•  

TNT009
    Funny you say that Fred, went to Golf Mart last weekend and the guy was lost! He told me I was a 9, ain't no way in Haddes in a 9!

i love that....just like when i got measured for a dress shirt and they measured me at 15 1/2 neck (should have been closer to 17 or 18).  i was like....umm, no. and made them do it again.  when the guy measured the same things i walked out.

•  

i would suggest just going to a store and trying a few on.  maybe take a few swings if possible.  if you can find somewhere with a big enough selection, try N, M, and W for sizes below and above you.  see what works best.

•  

well ***.....just saw this is from 11 months ago......