Forums

BOA lacing system

• 125 points

I seem to have a problem with these shoes. Every time i finish hitting a ball the lacing comes loose. Does anyone else have the same problem?

•  

Carlos, are you pushing the tightening knob in after tightening? Does the tightening knob pop out during the swing? 

•  

I do not mean any disrespect, but are you locking the knob in the back of the shoe?

• 125 points

Yes I do
  •  
    Interesting you say this...I have this issue at least once a round myself. I have 4 pair of BOA's mad they all do this occasionally. I thought it might have been something I was doing wrong but it sounds like their might be a trick to locking the shoe somehow. Any suggestions, I hear a click on the dial when I push it in.
  •  

Chris and Carlos, y'all might want to email Devin Gmitter - he may know of some cure.

• 125 points

Devin Gmitter at what address?

•  

Carlos Rodriguez

Hi Carlos,

Can you let me know what model it is ? A style number would be excellent!

Best,

DG

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Carlos Rodriguez

Hi Carlos,

Can you let me know what model it is ? A style number would be excellent!

Best,

DG

My style is 52294, it happens about once a round...despite this I am very pleased and love the BOA system....it is probably one of the best lacing systems I have ever experienced.  Definitely this small glitch will not affect me from purchasing more in the future.  I have two pair of BOA's thus far I have purchased in 2012 and plan to buy more.

•  

The Boa lacing system was revamped for 2011 - 2012 product line so there should be far less issues with the system.

That being said they do carry a lifetime warranty.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

The Boa lacing system was revamped for 2011 - 2012 product line so there should be far less issues with the system.

That being said they do carry a lifetime warranty.

Devin, Thanks...again, the BOA lacing system is awesome! 

• 2180 points

That is problem that boa has from time to time whether ongolf shoes or other. I don't have the boa fj's, but have used their system for years in the snowmobiling industry. Hmk boots that utilize the boa laces have done the same thing to me in the past. They sent new dial (which is super easy to change out). And voila fixes it every time. I've always thought its just having the boots too tight as we wear them super tight. But must be something else.
  •  

I hope anyone reading this DOESNOT steer away from this fantastic system! it really is fantastic!

•  

Just tried the BOA system a few weeks back at the FJ facility in Brockton MA.  I have to say I was very skeptical before wearing them, but after a half hour in them, they were great.  Next pair will certainly be with BOA.

•  

I just ordered another pair of BOA shoes yesterday!  I cannot wait to get them!!