Forums

The New FJ Icon - Availability

• 384 points

Having read the posts on this forum I was resigned to not being able to get hold of the new FJ Icon Style # 52088 until mid to late September.

Imagine my luck when I was out at Liberty National GC today for a meeting and stopped by the pro shop - great looking pro shop by the way.

10 mins later I was the owner of a brand new pair of Icon's style 52088 in black - great style, incredible comfort.

http://twitpic.com/djz2m

Can't wait to head back home to Scotland in a couple of weeks and wear them on the great golfing links of Royal Dornoch, The Old Course, Muirfield, Prestwick and Kingsbarns...might even keep them on for the post round Macalllan scotch!

Thanks Footjoy!

LivingTheDram

http

• 308 points

Perhpas one of the FJ staff could advise when the new Icons will be available in Canadian retail stores?

Thanks,

Stew.

•  

Can't wait for this shoe.

• 782 points

My pro shop told me they should have mine in late this month, but they already had some in different sizes a few weeks ago, unfortunately i do not where an 8.5 D.

•  

Stew

Perhpas one of the FJ staff could advise when the new Icons will be available in Canadian retail stores?

Hi Stew --

Just talked to my contact at FJ Canada and she said that there will likely be FJ ICON stock availability in November, but they will be available on a special order basis starting September 1.

Hope this helps.

ML

•  

Mike,

It's just to bad that the season is over in Canada when the shoes become available. Same here in New England, most of the styles won't be available until mid-October when our season is winding down.

On the upside they should be fully stocked when the season starts next spring!

•  

LivingTheDram

Having read the posts on this forum I was resigned to not being able to get hold of the new FJ Icon Style # 52088 until mid to late September.

Imagine my luck when I was out at Liberty National GC today for a meeting and stopped by the pro shop - great looking pro shop by the way.

10 mins later I was the owner of a brand new pair of Icon's style 52088 in black - great style, incredible comfort.

http://twitpic.com/djz2m

Can't wait to head back home to Scotland in a couple of weeks and wear them on the great golfing links of Royal Dornoch, The Old Course, Muirfield, Prestwick and Kingsbarns...might even keep them on for the post round Macalllan scotch!

Thanks Footjoy!

LivingTheDram

http

This is the shoe that I have my eye on.  I am going to MyJoys these bad boys in white with the green stripe.

Tim

•  

Totally understand guys, we are here in New England too.  Hopefully it will give us more time to plan our MyJoys styles for the 2010 season =)

•  

Hey, on a positive note, the shoes will make for great holiday presents.

• 384 points

Looking forward to seeing some of the custom MyJoy designs with the Icon!

Me, don't have the patience and wanted them for the trip back home to Scotland!  Might also get to show them off at Shinnecock & Merion before the season ends!

•  

Way to look at the bright side Memphisunited. 

Those FJ's you have look great.  I look forward to hearing your review on them. 

I am with Mike Lowe on this one too, it usually takes me a week to plan my MyJoy style so I can break them in other the winter and have them course ready by the first 40* day. 

I love that FJ offers the MyJoy customization process.  That is what really makes you stand out and individualize your shoe.  The cookie cutter shoe that adidas pops out is great but you can't make them unique, you end up looking like everyone else and I like to stand out a little, especially in the shoe department.  Great job to FJ... keep up the awesome work.

•  

I just got a message through our rep that I should order the shoes I want as they may be available even though the on-line ordering info is saying mid-October.

This is GREAT news!!!!

•  

That is good news!  Good luck on getting the shoes... when you do, make sure to post a detailed review.

•  

Thanks. That is my plan.

•  

19hole

I just got a message through our rep that I should order the shoes I want as they may be available even though the on-line ordering info is saying mid-October.

This is GREAT news!!!!

Let us know if they come in any earlier.  I am sure we will all put an order in quick if they are shipping out earlier then Mid-October.

Tim