Forums

NEW SHOES

•  

HAVE BEEN WEARING CONTOURS FOR YEARS AND JUST GOT A NEW PAIR.

I REALLY BEL;IEVE THESE ARE THE MOST COMFORTABLE AND EFFECTIVE ONES YET.

GREAT JOB FJ

•  

I think that they are a great shoe, very soft and comfortable out of the box. I look forward to seeing how long they last compaired to the Classics that I usually wear.

•  

19hole - how do the Contours compare to the Classics for walking the course? 

•  

I find them to be quite a bit lighter. The first time I wore them, they came out of the box and I walked 18. They were very comfortable that round and continue to be. I have found that I usually break in a new pair of classics by going to the practice tee a few times and then walking my 9 holes in them. They are good to go for me after 2-3 range sessions and 2 9 hole rounds.

I will wait to see how well the Contours hold up over the long term. I have about 15 rounds on one pair and they still look great and feel very solid. I have over 75 rounds a a few of my Classics and they still are like new.

Only time will tell about the Contours. Even if they don't last a long as the Classics, given the price point they are a great value for the high quality shoe that they are.

I would suggest a few (3 maybe) pair that get rotated. This definately makes the shoes last longer.

•  

19hole

I find them to be quite a bit lighter. The first time I wore them, they came out of the box and I walked 18. They were very comfortable that round and continue to be. I have found that I usually break in a new pair of classics by going to the practice tee a few times and then walking my 9 holes in them. They are good to go for me after 2-3 range sessions and 2 9 hole rounds.

I will wait to see how well the Contours hold up over the long term. I have about 15 rounds on one pair and they still look great and feel very solid. I have over 75 rounds a a few of my Classics and they still are like new.

Only time will tell about the Contours. Even if they don't last a long as the Classics, given the price point they are a great value for the high quality shoe that they are.

I would suggest a few (3 maybe) pair that get rotated. This definately makes the shoes last longer.

Yeah, I agree that you should rotate pairs.  It gets them all broken in and you also have the longevity.

Glad to hear you are liking the Contours so far.  It is hard for me to get past the classics but the pair of ICONs I recently received are right up there with them.  I can see the classics being replaced, they are that good.

•  

I have never tried the Contours.  From what I am reading here though it sounds like they are worth trying.  I am going to have to see if my pro has any in stock that I can try out.

Tim

•  

I think that you will be impressed with them. They are a bit more "casual" in style than the Classics, but I think that they will be my go to shoes in the really wet weather.

•  

Hi again,

As a follow-up, I have 3 pair of contours that I rotate with two pair(one now) of the shoes with check marks on them.(I RECEIVED THOSE AS GIFTS)

Well, after about a year in the rotation one pair of the check marks had its sole fall off and the other has a heel loose.

The Contours are all fine. We play the first starting time every day, in the heavy dew, and all I do is blow them off and put them in my locker.

They are great-LOVE 'EM..

•  

I would contact your Pro. He may be able to get them repaired or replaced under warrenty. Can't hurt to ask, FJ customer service is the best.

•  

The Contours are great right out of the box like everyone has expressed.  So far, I don't believe they will hold up QUITE like the Classics, but not much does in my experience if they're properly cared for.

•  

Hi again,

Follow up---

Well my one pair of the check mark shoes that I had left lost one of its soles this week.

I have now ordered my 4th pair of Contours to put in my rotation.

Thank goodnes I got credit for those other brand shoes.Thank goodness for Footjoy Contours.

•  

19hole

I think that they are a great shoe, very soft and comfortable out of the box. I look forward to seeing how long they last compaired to the Classics that I usually wear.

I love mine as well, though they have been put in temporary retirement while I sport my all white Dryjoys

•  

The Contours are great shoes, right out of the box with no break in I played 18 and haven't looked back since.

•  

tim6918

I have never tried the Contours.  From what I am reading here though it sounds like they are worth trying.  I am going to have to see if my pro has any in stock that I can try out.

Tim

I really enjoy the Contours but, as I've said in another post, I do find them to run about a 1/2 size larger than the DryJoys.