Forums

MyJoys Metallics

• 815 points

Can someone tell me how the metallics look in "real life"?  On the MyJoys creator they look kind of flat colorwise.  The silver looks like a plain gray and I can't even describe what the gold looks like.  I would expect them to have some "pop" to them but I have real comparison.  I'd hate to order a shoe based on what I hope it looks like as opposed to what it really does.  If someone has any pictures of theirs and could post them, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you very much in advance.

•  

Hey, Jonathan, welcome to the community!

I have a pair of Mizzou MyJoys with a black patent saddle and gold metallic accents.  With women's styles, you don't see as much of the accent color, but I can guarantee that the gold metallic is beautiful.

The picture does not do it justice, for sure -- the color tone is close, but the actual product has a metallic sheen like you would find on a fine leather purse. No sparkle, it just looks classy.

You might go to a pro shop and see if they have the MyJoys order book that has some color thumbnails to look at. Good luck, hope you make a great pair of FJs!

•  

Golferdrmjr, one of our FJ Ambassadors has a pair he calls his silver specials and I am sure he would gladly post photos.

Here is one I just snapped on my desk...

As you can see it certainly is far more metallic in real life!

•  

And a professional shot...

•  

Here's a picture of my Silver Metallic base color Shield Tips with Pearl Lizard print toes and saddles. I think the Silver pops and they are definitely shinier and brighter than the gray. I like them a lot. Good luck making your decision and thanks for joining in!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

That professional shot doesn't even come close to showing how nice the Silver looks in person. Trust me.

•  

golferdrmjr

Devin_Gmitter

That professional shot doesn't even come close to showing how nice the Silver looks in person. Trust me.

You do snap a mean photo Don!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

golferdrmjr

Devin_Gmitter

You do snap a mean photo Don!

Thanks Devin!

• 815 points

The silver looks amazing.  If the gold looks that good, I might need to get two pairs. If only I could get the best of both worlds with a metallic silver base and metallic gold saddle (or vice versa).  Thanks everyone. 

•  

I hope those are yours -  look pretty sweet -  might have to think about a pair of silvers.

•  

Oh Boy are you a SHARP dresser with matching outfits.  Do you have many others?  Please share...

•  

BostonBuzza

Oh Boy are you a SHARP dresser with matching outfits.  Do you have many others?  Please share...

Who, Devin or me?

•  
    Boston.... There have been multiple shots of shoes and ensembles of clothing posted, but for the life of me I don't remember the thread (nice pun eh?).... Don, Todd, Hokies, and I share a love of not only FJ footwear, but clothing as well. The shoes always match the rest of the ensembles my friend! As it should be......
    • 815 points

Are the Shield Tips the only shoe styles that can be ordered where the metallics are the base color?  If so, is there any chance that the rest of the styles will eventually be able to be ordered with metallic base colors?  I think that the Shield Tips would look odd with shorts, which is what I play in during the majority of the summer.  I think it'd be fun to have a shoe that is mostly silver (a la Michael Johnson's 1996 Olympic Track Shoes that were mostly gold).

OK, thats a lot to say so time to end the post.  Thanks everyone.

• 1539 points

Man I like that sliver I think it doesn't look as shiny in the professional pictures.