Forums

Footjoy Classics - thread for cleats damaged

• 112 points

All, I am still enjoying a pair of Classics. During my last change of cleats, I noticed that the threat inside the shoe for one of the cleats is damaged and that I can keep twisting the cleat, but it won't fasten. Are there any good tips on solving this: 1) still being able to change cleats in future 2) a permanent fix for this one cleat Thx, jelle
  •  

Go to your hardware store and see if they will rethread it for you. Sometimes they can do this  and clean up the damaged thread. the only other option is to glue it in permanently with epoxy.

•  

Is it a spinner that won't come out. Sometimes with a pair of pliers you can pull up and twist at the same time, or carefully cut the old spike out. Wrap the shoe in a towel so you don't damage it. 

•  

MrJelle I would call into customer service tomorrow they should be able to give you the best course of action.  Here is the number 1(800) 224-8501.  M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.

•  

You might be able to wedge a small piece of wood (tooth pick, etc.) to keep the receptor from twisting.  This has worked more me in the past.

•  
    eagle3

Go to your hardware store and see if they will rethread it for you. Sometimes they can do this  and clean up the damaged thread. the only other option is to glue it in permanently with epoxy.

That is what I did to all of my old shoes
  •  

Go Hokies

You might be able to wedge a small piece of wood (tooth pick, etc.) to keep the receptor from twisting.  This has worked more me in the past.

great idea Bobby...never would have thought of it!!

• 112 points

All, thx for the input. I'll follow the tips I got from the least permanent, at some stage one of them will work. Off to the hardware store tomorrow.... Thx, jelle