Forums

What footjoys look the best with shorts.

•  

all of the FJ sport shoes because that is what i use

•  

NCBob

Hokie I will bow to your expertise.  However, any FootJoy would look good, its the shorts that would look bad.  But I do not think I would try a shield tip with shorts. But any saddle or solid color would work.

I would disagree with your statement about shield tips. This pair of all white with croc saddles looks real nice with the right outfit. Slacks or shorts.

And this pair of silver base and pearl lizard print shield tips looks good with gray, granite, stone, or winter white shorts.

•  

fredcloss

You can wear just about anything with shorts; however, solid dark colors should be avoided, as well as black socks.

Black low cut socks, black shoes, with grey shorts.  Just coordinate a comfortable shoe, FJ of course, with your clothes.

• 380 points

In my opinion, for the casual outfit, the XPS or the Sport look best with shorts.

• 821 points

Personally, I feel that if the main color in the shoe is black, then the sock should be too.  Footjoy makes a killer low cut black sock that barely hits above the ankle.  It's comfortable, lightweight and breathes nicely (which was my concern when buying black).  Nothing looks more out of place to me than a white sock and black shoes.  The real faux pas is the black sock on navy shoes (or the reverse).  Just my two cents.

•  

ALL OF THEM.

HONESTLY, I DON'T THINK THERE IS A PAIR OF FOOTJOYS THAT WOULDN'T LOOK GOOD WITH SHORTS AND SHIRT COMBO OF THE RIGHT COLOR.

•  

If you watched the latest episode of "Feherty", featuring Gary McCord, it's the best proof available that long black socks should NEVER, ever be worn with shorts. Shucks, any long sock should be banned as they and shorts are reserved for mail carriers, UK troops and geezers sporting metal detectors on the beach. LOL

•  

fredcloss

If you watched the latest episode of "Feherty", featuring Gary McCord, it's the best proof available that long black socks should NEVER, ever be worn with shorts. Shucks, any long sock should be banned as they and shorts are reserved for mail carriers, UK troops and geezers sporting metal detectors on the beach. LOL

Fred you left off people from Michigan during CMA week in Nashville (but for Mike it is OK)

•  

Good point Bruce - I've seen them in Vegas during the NRA Finals watching Cletus Judd sing "The Second Week of Deer Camp". It's scary.

•  

Sport or the XPS-1's....

I'm partial to the Sport right now and have a pair of XPS-1's just waiting to be brought into my shoe rotation

•  

I'm more and more impressed with the FJ Sport. Great fit, comfort and traction. I'd love to see more color combinations available. 

•  

NCBob

Hokie I will bow to your expertise.  However, any FootJoy would look good, its the shorts that would look bad.  But I do not think I would try a shield tip with shorts. But any saddle or solid color would work.

i agree that multi-color shield tips wouldn't like as great with shorts, but one solid color shield tips would look good.

•  

golferdrmjr

NCBob

I would disagree with your statement about shield tips. This pair of all white with croc saddles looks real nice with the right outfit. Slacks or shorts.

And this pair of silver base and pearl lizard print shield tips looks good with gray, granite, stone, or winter white shorts.

Late to the conversation but, my two cents...

I concur, given that FJ makes the correct clothing/shoe color assortment for any ensemble to work and look professional.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

gotta go with the all white Dryjoys tour.  you can't go wrong with all white in the summer with shorts on.